• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

A headshot style portrait

MCM

Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
No
Hi guys,

Here is a Headshot style portrait (portrait but headshot you know) I photographed presently in the studio. Would like to hear what are your thoughts on the look and style of the image.
IMG_3778 online.jpg

DonS

Stuck in Toronto
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Looks like a "corporate" type headshot. It is well lit, looks good.

Reactions: MCM

Titus

Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
No
Yes a "corporate" style of image great for reproduction in a magazine or corporate news release. Her expression is wonderful, and the white balance and exposure are spot on. Portrait wise it is so so. When you pose a woman straight on to the camera it makes her upper body look wide and wide equates to heavy. I have never met a woman that wants to look even one ounce heavier than what she really is! The image is flat lit making her face look wide. A shadow on the side of the face closest to the camera will slenderize the face. The highlight on her left cheek is distracting and there is no hair light. Lastly her teeth look gray. This usually indicates that you didn't use a fill light (and I don't see a catchlight in her eyes indicating one either.)

tenchy

Rain maker
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
she looks great and the DoF I find is complimentary to the image