• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Full Critique Fassfern

H1ghlander

Always on
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
Hello folks, haven't posted in ages, haven't taken a proper picture in ages either whilst I concentrate on building a house. Moving in on Saturday whether it's finished or not, can't go any longer in a caravan.
Every morning this week it's been misty at sunrise and as the sun burns through the mist the light and conditions have looked gorgeous. This morning the temptation was too much so to hell with the house and went for a wander.
I struggled, was really rusty after almost a year out. Conditions weren't as good as they'd been earlier in the week so a bit miffed but enjoyed the short wander around. The mist moved in and out so found it frustrating trying to be at the right place at the right time, usually the way with fleeting mist. This is probably the best of the small bunch but need some input. It's been so long I'd almost forgot how to process and I'm doing it in a caravan with no light control on a monitor which hasn't seen a calibration in almost a year.

Fassfern.JPG

David_MC

Always on
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Looks pretty good to me. The mist is pretty subtle and the soft light works well.

Pete Larkin

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Has a great, relaxed and tranquil feel to it, and almost like a painting towards the periphery. Hope the house is everything you want it to be!

H1ghlander

Always on
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
Looks pretty good to me. The mist is pretty subtle and the soft light works well.
Cheers David.
Has a great, relaxed and tranquil feel to it, and almost like a painting towards the periphery. Hope the house is everything you want it to be!
Cheers Pete, it was that kind of morning. Still a couple of bits and pieces to do on the house which will be caught in the snagging list, it's looking rather braw now.

119528969_2736530729922544_535371689154262840_n.jpg

Last edited:

Pete Larkin

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Looks great!

Minor Problem

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
The house is looking awesome Scott! Maybe we'll be able to get to see it in the new year, I think we may well be up there again in early spring.

I'm finding the highlights through the trees a bit distracting, I wonder if it might have been better a few steps round to the left to lose the sky entirely?

H1ghlander

Always on
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
The house is looking awesome Scott! Maybe we'll be able to get to see it in the new year, I think we may well be up there again in early spring.

I'm finding the highlights through the trees a bit distracting, I wonder if it might have been better a few steps round to the left to lose the sky entirely?
We're in the house now so stop by anytime. Will be able to offer you a cuppa this time.
Yeah, I don't like the highlights either, didn't at the time. Tried moving to the left then turning to the right but it worked even less at that angle. It's not going to be a keeper.