• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Forth Rail Bridge at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BarryM

Just to lead on from Choogsters photo of the bridge, here is one i took last year, from North Queensferry, it was one of them moments, i was sat in the house (bridge is about 8 miles as the crow flies away), and i could see the water was flat calm aboout 10pm, so i decided, sod it, and headed through with camera, im so glad i did now, the train passing over was purely coincidence (well not really it is a rail bridge lol.).

DennisB

Here a lot
Oh bother !!! You beat me to it.Barry. I had already started to look through my negs for the one I took a few years back. Will post mine too, if I ever find it :D

B

BarryM

lol, its the most awe inspiring man made object ive ever seen. And im so lucky, as i look out my livingroom window i can see it in the distance right up the river forth, i never sicken of looking at it.

otooleg

Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Just so you notice - the Forth Road Bridge isn't bad either!

Attachments

B

BarryM

great shot, but ach that bridge is boring lol, no marvel in its engineering and only 60 years old :D (and crumbling lol)

DennisB

Here a lot
Must admit, I agree with Barry to some extent. As an engineer, I can appreciate both structures, but there is a magic associated with the rail bridge that no other bridge can match.

tonymidd

Always on
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
No
DennisB said:
Must admit, I agree with Barry to some extent. As an engineer, I can appreciate both structures, but there is a magic associated with the rail bridge that no other bridge can match.
What about IKB's Saltash bridge Dennis?, don't have a shot to hand I'll have a look for one.

DennisB

Here a lot
Yes, Tony. Have just had a google search for images of Saltash Bridge. Very impressive, and there seem to me to be some similarities betweenthe Saltash and Forth bridges. Based purely on the photographic images, I still think the Forth has the edge though.

tonymidd

Always on
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
No
Photographing the Saltash bridge is very difficult as someone, no doubt in a pinstripe suit, decided to build the rather nondescript road brige very close to the rail bridge. The best shots are those taken before the road bridge was built when one had to go into Plymouth and cross the Taymar on the ferry.
Of the road bridges I think the Humber is the most photogenic.

paulstmungo

Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I also live pretty close to the Forth Rail Bridge.

It is almost impossible to take an original photo of this beautiful bridge now as it has been snapped so much.

How about this one ?

A tight, abstract view at night.

Attachments

B

BarryM

Great shot, and great to not see scaffolding around it, you can even see the bothy at track level, this is where we used to sit from 8.30 till 10.30 when the wind was too high, if still like this at 10.30 we were sent home with a full days pay, wind limit was 30mph which as locals will know, is a low end wind that we tend to get everyday of the year up here.

Great photo though.

S

StagePhotography.co.uk

Love that shoot.....

All that shadows and lines....

yum..

Status
Not open for further replies.