• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Freebie - Photolemur from Skylum now free

oldgeezer

Always on
Premium Member
Always good to know but downloaded it, tried it and uninstalled it.
If that's AI then I'll stick with my old Photoshop CS6.
I suppose for free it's worth having look but automatic editing !!!! I don't think so.

gaelldew

Always on
Premium Member
Not over keen Don, had to adjust a few things shadows, one or two others clarity/black, to how I like now I've uploaded here and its gone darker.Be OK for those who haven't got Ps, L/room etc. Still I'll try it a bit more.

Photolemur.jpg

rebel06

Looking for a cause.
Gave it a try and it did quite a good job on my raw image, only problem is that on my oldish laptop it took ages to do anything so unusable I'm afraid at the moment, but thank you for the link Don.

Isac

Always on
I'm in 2 minds on whether to try it out or not, now I've read the comments from those above. Probably why it's a freebie.

russellsnr

Here a lot
Hi, Firstly thankyou for the heads up Don. I already purchased Skylums softwrae Luminar and HDR, found on a windows 10 computer that Luminar seems to run slow yet Luminar Flex that comes free when you purchase the full Luminar running as a plugin from Lightroom 6 is very fast. The down side is not the software but Skylum it's self, I get more emails from that company than any other I have delt with, JMO but they push to hard to sell there products. But to get back to the free Photolemur if it's free give it a try what have you got to loose? Russ.

Petrochemist

Always on
Thanks for the heads up Don.
I've not been overly impressed with it's results so far, It's improved some unprocessed shots but not done anything I can't do quicker in FastStone. I'll try a few more genres before giving up on it, as it may come into it's own on portraits....

SeanNeedham

Ol' Sparky
Honorary Life Member
I tried it, then binned it; in all the stuff I tried it on it didn't improve anything only made it look prettier. Problem is the level of the end user and what they are expecting out of it; perhaps it'd be great for someone like my nieces or my other half who just wants to pretty up a photo a bit before posting somewhere, but for someone who has experience in post with proper tools it's like buying a sub to Lightroom and only using the "Auto" button.

SeanNeedham

Ol' Sparky
Honorary Life Member
Seems like it, Don; it'll probably hang around a bit whilst it gets quite a bit of "free" use (be worth packet sniffing it, to see how chatty it is) and then quietly off and disappear when something like Luminar 4 is released.