• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Help Identifying Rolleicord

Ben2404

Hi everyone and thanks for letting me join this forum,

I've recently developed (pun intended) an interest in film photography thanks to a friend, and purchased a Canon AE-1, which I've still got a lot to learn about. I've also found two of my grandparents old cameras: a Voigtlander Vito B and this Rolleicord. I'd greatly appreciate any help identifying/ageing the Rolleicord, as I'm just confusing myself with all the models. I'm leaning towards thinking it's some sort of Rolleicord II, though that don't seem quite right and the serial code appears to be wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help!

hooferinsane

EXIF Seeker
Super Moderator
If you google Rolleicord serial numbers it will take you to www.rolleigraphy.org which will tell you that your Rolleicord according to the serial number seen on the front 616280 is a Rolleicord II model 3, CZJ Triotar 3.5 lens according to two authors. However one author puts it at a Rolleicord Va type I
Rolleicord II were pre war, 1938/39
Rolleicord V were from the 1950s. It does actually look fairly good condition, Rolleicord Vs are a lot more common
( I used to own a Rolleiflex T grey)

Phill104

Always on
Premium Member
I’ve got one of those on my shelf for no other reason that I like the look of it. Had it since I was a kid after seeing it at the school fete for 20p. Never used it but assume it works. Yours looks in great nick.

Ben2404

If you google Rolleicord serial numbers it will take you to www.rolleigraphy.org which will tell you that your Rolleicord according to the serial number seen on the front 616280 is a Rolleicord II model 3, CZJ Triotar 3.5 lens according to two authors. However one author puts it at a Rolleicord Va type I
Rolleicord II were pre war, 1938/39
Rolleicord V were from the 1950s. It does actually look fairly good condition, Rolleicord Vs are a lot more common
( I used to own a Rolleiflex T grey)
Thanks a lot, that website makes the serial numbers much easier to understand. It must be a Rolleicord II as the V looks very different. I guess there would have been small variations in design within the models, like an emblem on the hood shown on the website I was using which was confusing me.

The Rolleiflex T grey does look very nice!

I’ve got one of those on my shelf for no other reason that I like the look of it. Had it since I was a kid after seeing it at the school fete for 20p. Never used it but assume it works. Yours looks in great nick.
Thanks, I agree, TLRs like this are very nice to look at, especially since they appear so odd nowadays. As far as I can tell it's working fine, so I just need to find the correct film and try it out!