• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Highland Landscape

Status
Not open for further replies.

DennisB

Here a lot
Two of my favourite landscapes. Not sure if the reason is because they are particularly well done. Probably more because they were taken on days when everyone and the world seemed perfect.

The cottage is close to Glencoe, and the loch (lake or mere to you southerners :D ) is Loch Lomond.

Dennis

Attachments

Stemmy

Always on
Super Admin
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Love the both especially the second one Dennis.

Nice to live with these views on your doorstep.

DennisB

Here a lot
Stemmy said:
Nice to live with these views on your doorstep.
Not quite doorstep range.....the cottage is 90 miles away, and that spot on Loch Lomond it about 40 miles away, and the roads are not very good on some parts of the route, particulary to the cottage at Glencoe.

The cottage is reputed to be the most photographed cottage in Scotland.....no doubt sponsored by Kodak :D

tonymidd

Always on
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
No
DennisB said:
Not quite doorstep range.....the cottage is 90 miles away, and that spot on Loch Lomond it about 40 miles away, and the roads are not very good on some parts of the route, particulary to the cottage at Glencoe.

The cottage is reputed to be the most photographed cottage in Scotland.....no doubt sponsored by Kodak :D
Great shots Dennis, they bring back some memories but then my family has Scots links.

People just don't realise the distances in Scotland, maybe because most road atlases use a smaller scale for up there.

If I remember right there used to be one of those Kodak signposts pointing you in the right direction to take your picture.

DennisB

Here a lot
tonymidd said:
If I remember right there used to be one of those Kodak signposts pointing you in the right direction to take your picture.
..... and I always though the Kodak sponsorship story was a joke :D .

DennisB

Here a lot
Yes, it is.

It is called Blackrock Cottage, and if I remember correctly it is owned by the Ladies Scottish Climbing Club, sleeps 10 persons, and can be rented by other recognised mountaineering clubs.

DennisB

Here a lot
Hi Robert.

I have just replied to your "hello" in another post.

Yes, it certainly is a small world. Had quick look at the front page on your website, but am about to go out for the evening. Will have a good gander round when I get back.

Oh..... and I bet you have a Blackrock Cottage picture too ;)

storm7

I just love Scotland - usually go to Skye at least once per year - stayed at Torridon this year, and am going back next year (hope I don't forget the camera this time) ;)

LTJ

Always on
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
They would sell as postcards they are perfect especially on a rainy sunday in Bolton!

Status
Not open for further replies.