• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Horses

sabz

Hello all. Have joined this forum hoping to pick your (collective) brains

I am a female model, who is hoping to do a country lifestyle and (tasteful) lingerie shoot with a horse, or horses

I have ridden a few times so am comfortable with horses

I live in London, but despite the multitude of horsey photoshoots and images out there, I am struggling to find any facility or location for this shoot. I'm not sure where to look

Any ideas or pointers? I am reluctant contacting a large commercial riding club due to the nature of the shoot

I am hoping to find a stables or horsey facility within a commutable distance from London (2hrs). This could be an independent person who just happens to own a horse, a small stables, or a larger facility

I am comfortable around horses, but would need/expect that there would be a minder there also. I also appreciate that this may be expensive, but it's something I would love to do.

Many thanks in advance
Sabrina

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Hello Sabrina and welcome to the forum. We do have a couple of "horsey" photographer members here who should be able to help you out with this. Hopefully they'll see your post soon.

Snips

Always on
To be honest I wouldn‘t know where to start but did try googling “modelling with horses photography“ then going down the images. This seems to come up with a few possibilities.

sabz

To be honest I wouldn‘t know where to start but did try googling “modelling with horses photography“ then going down the images. This seems to come up with a few possibilities.
Hiya, I have tried this myself. All of these tend to be horsey photographers (I already know the photographer I would like to use) who shoot people with their own horses (I dont have one). I'm trying to find an equestrian board/classifieds which may help. I have to say there are so many fashion/lifestyle images of women on/with horses that Im amazed how difficult it is to find. I am absolutely sure someone has a horse in a stable that they dont mind me using (I am of course willing to pay, (£500) for use of their facility and their time)). I just dont know how to find this person

Snips

Always on
Hiya, I have tried this myself. All of these tend to be horsey photographers (I already know the photographer I would like to use) who shoot people with their own horses (I dont have one).
Many equine photographers have a horse or two with stables. It's generally how they got into equine photography in the first place.

It's an unusual question and I hope you find someone before too long :)

sabz

Many equine photographers have a horse or two with stables. It's generally how they got into equine photography in the first place.

It's an unusual question and I hope you find someone before too long :)
understood. guess I felt it was a little rude to ask an equine photographer if they didnt mind me using use their stable, and their horse, but with another photographerItd 3d Ani W60 Smiles 005

Onyx

I would strongly suggest that you join the forum on Horse and Hound and ask the question on there. Loads of horsey folk who, I’m sure, would be happy to oblige with an equine or two in appropriate surroundings. It’s a bit chilly at this time of year remember, if you’re set on posing scantily clad.