• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

How do you carry your camera?

Grumpy John

Here a lot
I have found the cheap shoulder straps available from eBay are fantastic and cost much less that the "Name" brand straps.
I'm sure you can find something similar that ships to the UK.
ebay

DonS

Stuck in Toronto
It seems I’m not the only one who sometimes takes my camera for a walk but never gets it out. :(
I do that sometimes. I get lazy and think it is just so much work to get it out. I do the same with lenses. I think I should really change the lens for a shot but do not because lazy :(

Jason

Always on
Premium Member
I’ve a couple of Optech straps for mine but I still hold the camera in my hand when using the M43 gear. The strap is more an insurance policy than a carrying device. Believe me, I’ve needed it a few times. The Nikon stuff goes back in the backpack if walking any real distance.

Geena

I use a Micnova MQ-MSP01 dual camera harness. It works well for most situations, and allows me to carry two cameras. Which lets me shoot all day with no to little lens changing.

Onyx

I use a Micnova MQ-MSP01 dual camera harness. It works well for most situations, and allows me to carry two cameras. Which lets me shoot all day with no to little lens changing.
That's one I hadn't heard of. A quick google and they look pretty effective and not too pricey. Might be looking at getting one myself. Thanks for the information. :)

Petrochemist

Always on
It seems I’m not the only one who sometimes takes my camera for a walk but never gets it out. :(
Far from it I'm sure! It gets worse with lenses, I 'll routinely carry 4-5 yet only want one after I finally decide to leave it behind this time!

Skyshot

I use several, depending on on what kit I'm using and where I am.

I use a Black Rapid if I'm using my 150-600, a PD Slide for general outdoor work and a PD Cuff for indoor or studio work. All work well for me, but I'm an electric wheelchair user so with both the Slide and the Rapid, the camera sits on my lap between shots. When I'm using the Cuff, it's attached to my left hand so that I can still control my chair.

Geena

That's one I hadn't heard of. A quick google and they look pretty effective and not too pricey. Might be looking at getting one myself. Thanks for the information. :)
I love mine, and I use it all the time. The thing I like most about it, is it carries the cameras in a way that eliminates fatigue on my back. Yet keeps them accessible and ready to go when I need them.