• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Identifying an old camera

dz3

Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Hello
here's a detail from an old photo from Cameroon in West Africa
Any thoughts on what brand of camera this might be? The notch on the top looks as though it might help
Sadly there's no more detail in the negative and the photographer is dead
Any suggestions most gratefully received
david
hu4_044_detail.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Ozzie_Traveller

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
G'day David

Firstly - I see that this is your 1st message here - so WELCOME to the photo forum ~ you'll find us an interesting mob with varying views on all sorts of photographic stuff

As to your Q .... I suspect that unless the viewer had actually handled one of these items then your request might fall on deaf ears, as there is not much image to go on and as you well realise, it is not very sharp either

ps- wanna tell us a bit more about yourself and your style of imagery??
Phil

BrianS

Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
No
Some additional information would be helpful, like approximate timer-period.

There is not much to go on- I look at this, and think it's partially disassembled.It looks like the body of a twin lens reflex type camera- but impossible to tell.

Petrochemist

Always on
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
There is not much to go on- I look at this, and think it's partially disassembled.It looks like the body of a twin lens reflex type camera- but impossible to tell.
That was my immediate thought too, but the film holding mechanism is oriented the wrong way round for the two holes...

anthony marsh

Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
No
It appears to be a camera case.