• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Full Critique In the moment shots

Luke...use the

Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
We have large Tuart trees around our property, some needed trimming back (not good with heights). I asked if i could take some pictures while he worked.

treemantwocloser.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Hello Luke and welcome to the forum. When you upload images here, be sure to tick the "Full image" box beside each one so that it doesn't just show a thumbnail. I've done that for you in this instance.

As for the picture, it's sharp enough and looks good. I would have been tempted to zoom out just a bit and captured the chainsaw a little more, even as much as to see the tip moving or chips flying. As is, it's not so noticeable that he is a tree trimmer (could just be a lineman). I didn't even notice the saw tip until way later.

As is, this is still a good image and if it's what you had in mind when snapping it, then job done.

Southern Gent

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Welcome Luke!!!

This is a tough call as Roger mentioned above showing more of the saw would definately add interest, but a tight crop puts the emphasis on the man's face. Not sure there is a right or wrong.

Overall good exposure and sharpness. The limb coming out of the side of the head bothers me. I would have tried to repositioned before I took the shot. If that wasn't possible, then maybe a little creative editing post to minimize it.