• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Junk Mail. Does ANYBODY want it?

kayak

Always on
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
While most people are trying their best to stop the spread of this killer virus (Covid 19) by staying at home, washing their hands, and keeping a safe distance, there are still those who don't understand how pathogens can be transported.
Junk mail knows no bounds and follows no rules. It is totally unnecessary even at the best of times. However, it still continues today, at a time when absolutely nobody wants it in their home. Whether your postman, or whoever puts this junk through your door wears gloves or not, they are for his/her protection, NOT YOURS.
Pathogens live on most surfaces, including paper. Whilst we still need our important items of post, be sure to wash your hands thoroughly after opening it.
As for junk mail; Put a sign on your post box (it will probably be ignored though). Good luck and stay safe.
IMG_3585a.jpg

Southern Gent

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Or, you could do this. Wear gloves when handling. Look for junk mail that includes prepaid self addressed return envelopes. Stuff all the other junk mail into those, and send them back. It's a win, win situation. You're providing jobs and revenue for your postal service, keeping the waste out of your local landfills, gives you something to do to relieve the boredum of beng stuck inside, and you get even with the &^%^(# that sent it to you in the first place. When done pull off the gloves, wash your hands to be sure, and bask in the enjoyment of the ultimate revenge.

rebel06

Taking it easy.
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
@Southern Gent , I have done exactly that on many occasions before, but on this occasion I think the best thing to do is just trash it and not possibly extend the problem we are having at the moment.

Southern Gent

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
@rebel06 I guess I'm to much "eye for an eye" for my own good. During election years I maintain a simple log of politicians who robo call me, then I look up their phone numbers. For the next several months when a telemarketer calls I tell them I'm really interested in what they have, but I'm on a work phone and can they please call me back on my personal phone between 6 pm and 10 pm. Then give them the politicians number as my home phone. I always tell the telemarketers that if I don't answer at first to keep trying, as I might not be near the phone.

Grumpy John

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
This post reminded me of a prank my brother did way back in the '70's. He was constantly receiving mail from Readers Digest imploring him to join up. Included in the mail was a prepaid card for the registration. He filled in the card and taped it to a wrapped up house brick and mailed it back to RD. Never heard from RD again.

kayak

Always on
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Thanks Guys, for taking the time to reply. Normally I collect all the flyers/leaflets that my postman pushes through the door and return them to the royal mail via their post boxes. If they can put junk through my door, I see no reason why I can't put that same junk back into their mail system. While this virus is rampant I shall just bin it. If the foxes rip my rubbish sacks open it'll all blow around in the street.
As for junk mail that's addressed to me in person, I have returned it, but I write "Return to sender. This person is dead." That sometimes works.

kayak

Always on
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Had the same junk mail through my door again today. I'll never use any of these companies as they are really getting on my nerves.
IMG_3586.JPG

Taboo

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
We don't get any. No mail delivery here :ok:We've got a post box in town but they learn not to put any **** in there, so we're sweet there, however email garbage fills that box!

keith1955

Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
When i took over my 97 yr old mums affairs as her power of attorney i got lots of " you have not responded to our plea for help " letters. Ì went to the bank to check her standing orders and outgoings , thankfully she was VERY street wise. She always got rid of phone sales men by saying i dont do anything without talking to my family. After she died i got letters via executor of mrs .... Some conmen can hack databases of the system where it auto notifies a lot of people of a death. Quite a few people wrote to me saying do you want to carry on paying on behalf of your mum. The payments never existed to start with !

gaelldew

Always on
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Sick of these Bit Com and similar messages that keep coming fed up with marking them as Spam and still they come. Grrrrrr

keith1955

Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
The annoying thing about email spam is that you don't actually have to do anything to get it.
Proof …. make up a stupid email address made up of random letters and symbols , add It to your email client and DONT use it.
You will be surprised how quick a spam bot finds you and drops something into the inbox.