• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Last one to post wins

Trevor Gale

Old Hand
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I have also myself always remained humble, I cannot remember anyone alive telling me that I am anything to the contrary!

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I have people telling me that I'm contrary all the time.

Trevor Gale

Old Hand
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Heh! To be honest, folk I worked with often used to tell me I was contrary... but it was rewarded with respect (both ways), as in our business thinking 'way out of the box' very often resulted in the best design for whatever we were working on. Many of us had our own "quirky" character traits, shall we say, but the general working atmosphere and environment was the better for it.

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I had a business partner in the construction trade and we both had very clear independant ideas about how certain things should be done. The best part of that is that we collaborated with the best of both ideas and that's how the company grew.

Trevor Gale

Old Hand
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Reckon that's more or less the same where I used to work. I find it a pity that today things like loyalty, tolerance and respect are becoming overrun by short-mindedness, impatience and selfishness in a rat-race in which the person with whom you struck an agreement yesterday is already replaced today by somebody who has never heard of such an agreement and knows nothing of his predecessors' work anyway, so you have to start again with what you began with a month ago or more...
I know some engineers who have just begun a job where I used to work are already (in their first week) looking around in the job market to see how well they can use this job's image to put on their C.V. for the next job application.

tenchy

Rain maker
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
that's enough of you guys keeping my prize warm for me now

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Great, you can keep it warm for me for awhile. I'll just take a pee break and be right back.

Trevor Gale

Old Hand
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
It's amazing how you all warm to the idea of 'winning'. I tend to stay quite cool, after all it's nothing to get heated up about, but probably that comes from the experience of the many wins I've had. Some other people I know have admittedly become quite heated bout their losing.

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
That is how the winning seat is kept warm for me. The heated losers take turns heating it up for brief moments while they are allowed to have temporary possession the perch.

Trevor Gale

Old Hand
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I must ask, do those other losers give up their temporary possessions with gratitude when you arrive, once they realize the warmth they protected is only to be lost?

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
But of course. I return the favour by radiating such much warmth of my personality back to all members of the forum.

Trevor Gale

Old Hand
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Ah, well I do understand how it must be disappointing to you to realize the futility of your efforts, for I have not felt the warmth of which you speak. Of course, that's probably due to my not being in the position of losing, where so many other members share this compassion to their collective advantage.

ed taylor

Super Ed
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Trevor all your gift of the gab will do is make you come second place.

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I think it will be more like third place for Trevor, unless he decides to hang around waiting for us old fogies to die off.

Trevor Gale

Old Hand
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Ah but it's not the "gift of the gab" that gains me all these winnings, it's my sheer ability to show empathy (even where that is totally insincere)... as regards that third place, I feel it is my duty to reserve that particular place for the forum member who shows the most humbleness in accepting their own loss.

tenchy

Rain maker
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Gab all you like, whilst I esconse with the win

Trevor Gale

Old Hand
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Thanks Steve, that's kind of you; still, you don't have to protect a win that well because although you're not aware of it, it's not so fragile - it would get delivered to me just fine even by the roughest of baggage handlers, although since I've started using a private jet with the associated personnel to ferry all my wins from around the globe I've had no problems or delays receiving them. If you were ever to be so fortunate as to actually have a win awarded to you, you would realise this; nevertheless it's heartwarming to observe that you're so considerate even from such an underprivileged position. It makes me think that perhaps I ought to hand out the occasional consolation prize to good people such as yourself.

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I do believe that you are in the running for one of those "participation" trophies, Trevor.

Trevor Gale

Old Hand
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
That's quite possible, Roger, so many people think I'd be getting bored with all the winnings, so they add a 'participation' cup to the package they award to me when I win. It's so very kind and thoughtful of them, I must say. Another sign of how much appreciation and thoughtfulness there is amongst the many runners-up that accompany me part of the way.

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I have a participation box here, and all it does is holds all my winner trophies that won't fit on the shelf.

Trevor Gale

Old Hand
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Well I am surpised by that Roger, I never thought of the idea of using a box for such trophies but it is a sign of the sincere optimism which you have together with the positive outlook you maintain despite the realistic improbability of ever winning which you face. Such ambition in the face of adversity is to be admired, perhaps even worthy of one of my magnificent consolation trophies if you have the space for it. One of my early wins bought and paid for the small mansion house in a nearby village to keep my winning trophies in. Admittedly it only had the 11 bedrooms when I bought it, but after a later win I had an extension built with an extra 9 bedrooms, 4 study rooms, 2 extra bathrooms (one for washing and cleaning the trophies and the other for drying and polishing them), a wide garage to accept the rear of the many trucks carrying trophies and awards with a mobile trolley set to carry them into the rooms, a climate control room that has all the air-conditioning gear for the other trophy rooms, and a new entrance lobby that has a special low-set cushioned ledge to allow people who are delivering trophies to comfortably kneel while they gaze at the enlarged photograph of me as the recipient which is mounted in a gold frame that's on the side wall. I am very rarely in residence at that mansion house as (a) I'm often far too busy preparing the next winning acceptance speech (as you will know, I am a man of very few words) and I do that using the older study I have in my local castle, and (b) I find it only fair to the other people in the village to spend time away from their abodes since otherwise the sheer volume of traffic arising from the number of people who want to either talk or be seen with a winner like myself would cause undue noise and pollution to their environment. As a winner, one has to think of these things and to be somewhat compassionate towards the others in society who do not know or properly understand the nature of everything that's involved in winning.

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
It amazes me that people would be flocking to your aviary in the expectation of pecking at the seeds of your consolation cups. However, if you continue to plant those seeds of expectations, one day one of them might sprout into an actual win.

Trevor Gale

Old Hand
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Indeed they might, but the chance of doing to is infinitesmal, whilst the guarantee of my next win is infinite!

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I believe the guarantee of my win is absolute, and that beats infinity.

Trevor Gale

Old Hand
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
It's amazing how some people's guarantees don't end up being absoluteley guaranteed, causing these people to claim on their insurance. Not that this is very assuring, of course.