• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Last one to post wins

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I still guarantee that I can remember to visit this thread once in a while.

Trevor Gale

Old Hand
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Oh I do apologize, I have been so busy lately with accepting the most recent awards for winning various things and also adding an amplifier system here for my latest acceptance speech

So many runners-up were present at this last speech that the old amplifier wasn't powerful enough to reach the losers at the back and I didn't want them to miss out on hearing my sincere appreciation of their taking part.

It's simply yet another consideration that one has to take as such a consistent winner like myself. So I'm very pleased to see that you still remember to visit this part of the forum and rest assured that I also remain compassionately aware of your attempts even in the light of the miniscule chances you face of ever understanding this kind of duty that befalls winners.

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
And I've been in deep conversations with current book publishers regarding the financial gains which can be achieved as soon as I decide which of my award winning photos should be published book style. I'm kinda waffling on the idea though, as my current toaster is not large enough to thoroughly toast frozen books.

Trevor Gale

Old Hand
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I do understand your problem with frozen books, although I have never experienced that particular problem since the many books that have been written about my continual stream of winnings are kept in that large library in the mansion I mentioned earlier - that's kept at the proper temperature and at the correct humidity to preserve the large collection of such volumes. I do not suggest you utilise a toaster, even a sizeable one capable of toasting waffles, since photographic paper doesn't respond well to such high temperatures.
I do like your idea of keeping the photographic paper at a freezing temperature though, that way it could keep for the long times you might need to keep it before contemplating the production of a photo which you may think could be a possible runner-up.

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
It's a matter of public knowledge that where I live involves 6 months of freezing weather and frost incursion into our poorly heated homes. One wood stove in the kitchen is not a reliable method of heating storage spaces beyond the main living area which happens to be the only room in the house that has such a heating device. Of course we have life much easier due to the fact that Canadians are not necessarily confined to the igloos we all lived in just mere years ago. Those whale oil lamps we used for heating and lighting are getting more and more scarce.

Trevor Gale

Old Hand
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Seriously I do sometimes think that with all the central heating and other conveniences we live with in western Europe, we distance ourselves from the natural "habitat" too far, as far as to be detrimental to our general health. Personally I find it quite pleasantly refreshing to go out for a hike during the winter months when we are away from our Dutch home and in the village of Wengen in Switzerland, great view from our chalet apartment to the Jungfrau in the Alps. Seeing and being amongst the natural environment over there is a blessing and certainly brings me back to feeling more healthy. Another difference is to be seen and experienced in the way people treat their surroundings: a "little bit of snow" or "general winter weather" isn't any problem (we do not go there for the skiing season, that's just not my kind of fun with all the hills and gondolas stuffed full of tourists) - whereas the slightest few flakes back here in NL makes people run to the shops to stock up, the buses and trains to delay or cancel, and the roads to become full of immovable objects! Take me back 20 years or so and I would love to have emigrated to Canada all other things being equal. Life at a proper pace rather than rats running to bite off each others' tails.

ed taylor

Super Ed
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)

Trevor Gale

Old Hand
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I'll give you 'morning' and I'll even give the 'good' because for the first time this week the earthmoving workers weren't up at sparrowfart with their discotheque-like radio boomers and all of their shouting (they seem to have to shout to overcome the loudness of their radio...). So Good Morning and let's all have a good peaceful weekend!

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
You're quite welcome to the snowstorm that's happening here right now. It makes for a pretty weekend.