• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Last shoot with an old friend

intwophoto

Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
No
So my trusty K7 has been at my side for 10+ years, and she's never let me down. We knew the Nikons were arriving in a few days, and I wanted to give my old friend one last outing before, most likely, retiring her.

Got up around 3am, and hit the highway headed south. The Atlantic coast is at your left ( south bound ) and the right side is all ponds, streams, brooks, wooded areas, etc. Saw this mid size lake from the road, took the next exit and drove around until we found it. One of those spots that I believe any weather condition would produce keepers.
Looking to get back there with the Nikon now lol. Thanks for looking.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
This is a beautiful set. The first is my pick from these. I'm not sure if that's sensor oil spots I see in the third though?

On another note, our forum software can be a bit of a pain in the derriere to get used to at first. When you upload pics, be sure to tick the "full image" box beside each one so they show full size. I've gone ahead and one that for you here, since members only have 24 hours to edit their own posts.

Piquet

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Lovely set.

SFTphotography

Always on
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Composition wise 3 wins. These sensor marks do need cloned off.

In all of them why is the sky red and the corresponding reflected part a different colour? If you use graduated ND filters I'd upgrade them to something like Lee, Format Hi-tech or something also.

If it's a post production thing fine - but I'd prefer to see it match up

wornish

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Excellent set. #1 for me.

Pteranadon

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
All 3 are beauties!

Minor Problem

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
A lovely serene set, very nice.

David_MC

Always on
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
The colors are gorgeous and the whole scene is very peaceful. Not a bad way to send off an old workhorse.

intwophoto

Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
No
Thank you all for the comments, I appreciate it.

Didn't even see the sensor marks :/ that is unlike me. I'm not really sure how I missed those, little embarrassed by that.

The colour.. yea. I have a couple of sets of ND grads and I wanted to try out a set I picked up because they were made in North America. They're meh at best, and this was only one of two times I used them.

I was kinda stupid and just brought those grads, but, at the same time, I wanted to force myself to use them w/out having a back up. They seemed have a haze to them I couldn't get rid of. Wanted another go with them to see for sure.
And yes, the ND8 and higher do have a god awful purplish cast to them.

I don't do much PP outside a white balance and any dust motes or w/e - even though I missed those this time lol.

rebel06

Taking it easy.
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
If these images are anything to go by .. it's been a good old friend to you .... so Nikon next ... one day you will eventually get to Canon ... :chicken_dance: :partydance: :exit:

H1ghlander

Always on
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
Always admired Pentax glass and bodies, almost bought Pentax (a K5 IIRC) when I was first venturing out in to landscape photography. Lovely set of pictures and a fitting way to retire a body and glass.

intwophoto

Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
No
If these images are anything to go by .. it's been a good old friend to you .... so Nikon next ... one day you will eventually get to Canon ... :chicken_dance: :partydance: :exit:

Well maybe I'll give the Nikon a couple years and then see about a Canon. I've only ever tried my cousins old Rebel. Felt like a toy compared to the K7, imho. I know that's just those bodies, though.

Always admired Pentax glass and bodies, almost bought Pentax (a K5 IIRC) when I was first venturing out in to landscape photography. Lovely set of pictures and a fitting way to retire a body and glass.
I still have all my Pentax glass, which will still get used. I've got an old 135mm Tak F2 that is just gold, and an 80's model 400 Tak that, both will definitely still be in the regular arsenal... well... when the adapters arrive ;)