• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Lipstick Sunset

Grumpy John

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Apologies to John Hiatt.

This is my most ambitious edit so far. It is a composite of 3 images done in CC2020. Many thanks to @Isac who helped guide me through the process. WeTransfer and UltraView made things a bit easier as we live on opposite sides of the country (~3,000 Km apart).

I used these 3 images to create the final image.

Corella Composite 1.jpg

Corella Composite 2.jpg

Corella Composite 3.jpg

#4 The final image. Any thoughts or comments most welcome.
Corella Composite 8.jpg

breeliz

Old Hand
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Very nice. I like them

Isac

Always on
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Thank you for the kind words John. It's always a buzz to help out. I'm loving your passion to learn and you are an A1 student! You chose a great background for this edit and finished it off well - nice work!

Southern Gent

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Something I find helpful in composites is to finish with a Color Lookup Adjustment layer. It will blend the light on all the layers to look the match.

Grumpy John

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Something I find helpful in composites is to finish with a Color Lookup Adjustment layer. It will blend the light on all the layers to look the match.
I think that I did something similar following the tut below.

Southern Gent

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)

Isac

Always on
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
On that topic, I've been creating LUTs for a while now and they certainly do give you an additional creative tool to apply to your images. Until recently I was playing with a 3D LUT Creator program but now in CC2020 it's so easy to make them on the fly and save them for future use.

Southern Gent

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
On that topic, I've been creating LUTs for a while now and they certainly do give you an additional creative tool to apply to your images. Until recently I was playing with a 3D LUT Creator program but now in CC2020 it's so easy to make them on the fly and save them for future use.
When I get a look I really like, I'll save it for the future, plus I've bought a few, and downloaded a few freebie. I also use Profiles in LR regularly. The nice thing about them is unlike Presets, they don't affect any of the settings/sliders in the Develop module.

Isac

Always on
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
When I get a look I really like, I'll save it for the future, plus I've bought a few, and downloaded a few freebie. I also use Profiles in LR regularly. The nice thing about them is unlike Presets, they don't affect any of the settings/sliders in the Develop module.
I'm afraid I don't share your enthusiasm for Lightroom SG. I only use Photoshop ans now Luminar-4. Just about all of what I see being done in LR by other togs and in tutorials etc, I can do in PS anyway. Cheers.

Southern Gent

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I'm afraid I don't share your enthusiasm for Lightroom SG. I only use Photoshop ans now Luminar-4. Just about all of what I see being done in LR by other togs and in tutorials etc, I can do in PS anyway. Cheers.
Everyone has their own workflow they feel comfortable with, no right or wrong way really. For me I view Adobe products as tools where no one product fits my workflow. For example if I'm loading images from an SD card I start in Bridge, so I can quickly do my first cull and transfer the remainder in a batch to file. If I'm theathered obviously Bridge is bypassed. In LR is where my serious culling occurs, if I'm processing a large batch of images I simply don't have time to open them individually in ACR or PS. After my 2nd pass through I do the basic edits on one image (WB, exposure, contrast, sliders, and curve) select all my picks and use Sync to set everything the same. Then I do my 3rd pass at culling where only the very best survive, and complete final LR editing. On my 4th pass at culling I make the final picks, and only then do I decide if I even need to go to PS for additional editing. Each "tool" in the process has specific functions that it does faster or better then the others.

Isac

Always on
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Everyone has their own workflow they feel comfortable with, no right or wrong way really. For me I view Adobe products as tools where no one product fits my workflow. For example if I'm loading images from an SD card I start in Bridge, so I can quickly do my first cull and transfer the remainder in a batch to file. If I'm theathered obviously Bridge is bypassed. In LR is where my serious culling occurs, if I'm processing a large batch of images I simply don't have time to open them individually in ACR or PS. After my 2nd pass through I do the basic edits on one image (WB, exposure, contrast, sliders, and curve) select all my picks and use Sync to set everything the same. Then I do my 3rd pass at culling where only the very best survive, and complete final LR editing. On my 4th pass at culling I make the final picks, and only then do I decide if I even need to go to PS for additional editing. Each "tool" in the process has specific functions that it does faster or better then the others.
Wow,seems like you've got it mastered SG. I'm nowhere near that sort of involved workflow. I just plug the card into my card reader, copy all the images to a date and topic folder on my PC and then cull them as I view them in Faststone Image Viewer, where I can easily do some basic adjustments like lighting and shadows, levels and curves, noise, sharpening etc. If I need to do more tricks I can load directly from Faststone to PS. Quick and easy. I back up only changed files to 2 drives for safe keeping and upload "must keep" images to my website. Isn't it great that we're not all the same :)

Southern Gent

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
@Isac different tools for different jobs. If I were only working with a few images I might skip a few steps, but typically I might have anywhere from 30 to several 100 images in a set. I shot a wedding for a friend last year and I think there were around 600 images total (which is low for typical wedding photographers). When you get into larger multiples you learn quickly how to save time.

Isac

Always on
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
@Southern Gent I have done a number of weddings and usually came out with 1200 to 1600 shots. Then it was the big cull and usually ended up with 150 to 200 edited and the client selected whatever they wanted from those. It was a lengthy process but had to be done. I'm retired now with a lot more spare time to just do m y own thing with the camera and lots of experimenting in PS and Luminar-4. Good luck to you sir!