• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Location Advice please - Southern California

Talen

Thanks for posting these ... Impressive looking planes there, nicely done.
Forum limit is max 1024px on longest side and max file size 250kb.
Ah, I suspect it was the 1024px longest side I was falling afoul of mostly, knowing that I've managed to get LR to spit out a few more, including the landscapes this time, so for those who don't like Flickr I've attached a few more.

You captured some fine aircraft. Thanks for sharing. The trip turned out quite different than originally envisioned. I hope you had a good time.
Glad you like them, I'd love to go back and focus on some of the aircraft a bit more, but I'd have to do it in cooler weather, I was struggling with the heat, particularly at the March Field Museum, from memory I think it was around 105-110F (~40-45C.) The trip did turn out quite different, although mostly due to adding more things in as I found some places took a lot less time than I had anticipated. I think the only thing I didn't get to was some of the star photography I had intended, mostly as by the time it got dark I had run out of steam.

Some great wide angle shots on there, love that Blackbird image.

Paul
I do like the Blackbird, I hadn't expected to see quite as many as I did, I knew about the two at the Blackbird airpark (3rd shot above) but the ones at March Field and the California Science Centre were a nice surpise. I also spent a few minutes chatting with a former Blackbird test pilot at the Blackbird Air Park which was fascinating.

rebel06

Looking for a cause.
Really like the second one (good idea to number so no confusion) just think the foreground rocks need darken a touch. also a slight anticlock twist as i think its leaning to the right a bit.

tenchy

Rain maker
Administrator
Did you find that 200miles turned out to not only be easy but enjoyable? I've done two sets of three week road trips around there (missed this thread before you went) and had several 400 mile days that were nothing really. The scenery on them alone is worth the drive.
I also would have recommended avoiding LA. My first driving on the first trip was out of the airport, straight into the freeway and into San Francisco. No problem(apart from satnav taking me thru a bus Lane avoiding the toll on the bay Bridge, oops). But whilst I drove ok on the 8 laners in LA and into the bit at the end of route 66 that the name escapes me right now, driving there is not enjoyable.
Edit :Santa Monica pier

Last edited:

rebel06

Looking for a cause.
We did over 3000 miles in 5 weeks California, Arizona, Nevada and Utah and tried to keep daily mileage down to 200 miles so we could stop and look at places we never knew about before we went, found some great places that way.
image_map.gif

Paul

tenchy

Rain maker
Administrator