• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Monument Valley, Arizona

Paul Mitchell

Here a lot
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
The view of Monument Valley from The View. West Mitten, East Mitten and Merrick Butte.

MonumentValleyViewPanoEgoLR.jpg

rebel06

Taking it easy.
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Classic view Paul well captured.... nice one

Piquet

Here a lot
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Very good shot

H1ghlander

Always on
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
Oh aye, that'll do. Cracking.
As an alternative but not necessarily a better composition crop out all of the road for an extreme pano giving the picture a cinematic feel. The famous Colin Prior 6 x 17 or a less extreme 6 x 15. The unevenness in the blue sky is a little distracting but can be easily fixed. Brilliant though.

Minor Problem

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Great capture Oaul but the uneven blues are distracting me too, a pano format and perhaps a little less contrast in the clouds and I think you are onto a wall hangar!

tenchy

Rain maker
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
2nd image is a vast improvement. Great clouds. Been there twice. Only made it once, first time it was flash flooded out by huge storm when we arrived.

cbarnard7

Always on
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Still haven't been there, but it's on my list. A classic, American Southwest shot- well done!

Paul Mitchell

Here a lot
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
2nd image is a vast improvement. Great clouds. Been there twice. Only made it once, first time it was flash flooded out by huge storm when we arrived.
Ive been to the Valley a few times. The last time I wanted to go to top of Hunt's Mesa to get the whole valley. Its an incredible view and only seen from there. Another guy and myself paid extra to get there. Well after getting stuck twice we didnt make it. We did see some other interesting sites within the valley but not the shot I wanted. I wasnt going to tip the guy but finding out he was a widower I offered him a steak supper at the Swinging Stakehouse in Mexican Hat. So he showed up with his very pregnant daughter. As soon as their food arrived they asked for a doggie bag and left. I will post a couple of pics that I wouldnt have gotten otherwise. But that shot of the valley from Hunts Mesa is to die for. Up there you usually spend the night so you get the sunset and in the morning you get the sunrise. I got neither.

Paul Mitchell

Here a lot
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Here is the panorama view you were probably thinking of. Taken on my last trip. DSC_9240PanoramaEgoLR.jpg

David_MC

Always on
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Stunning shot Paul!

Mike Singh

Always on
Premium Member