• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Full Critique Moody

Southern Gent

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Exploring a new technique, I think it still needs some refinement, but I'm surprised at how well it did work. So before I go further, hit me with the good and bad.
moody watercolor.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

rebel06

Taking it easy.
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Radically different at least, how about mono

Southern Gent

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Radically different at least, how about mono
Thought about it but then I loose the pastel look of the watercolor. I've done a few that resemble pencil that looks better in B&W

Phill104

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I sort of like the effect but not too sure about the composition in this one. My eye is not drawn into the image.

Southern Gent

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I sort of like the effect but not too sure about the composition in this one. My eye is not drawn into the image.
The process uses a black mask and white brush to reveal the image, so it's kinda of a feel as you go. Would revealing more/less help? Different crop???

Phill104

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
The process uses a black mask and white brush to reveal the image, so it's kinda of a feel as you go. Would revealing more/less help? Different crop???
Not sure, it is just how I feel about the image. Others may love it.

RyanB

Eye of the Tiger
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Interesting effect and it would probably work quite well on some textured art paper. I agree with Phil re the composition, personally I think I would crop the left hand side to the left side of the shutter and then down from the top. Taking the door out draws the eye to the little girl and I'm not sure it is adding to the shot for me.

Southern Gent

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
@RyanB forgot something an old art instructor told me about doing watercolor years ago......keep it simple. Cropping down in this case would likely improve it.

It's not showing up well in the low res image, but there's a tinted, textured paper as the base layer.

breeliz

Old Hand
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)