• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Go Easy On Me My Apprentice

Chipyluna

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Ok so Scarlet and I went out this morning into the garden and took some photos, she is 6 and we got her a Kodak Easy Share C613, this is her first camera. She is always asking to take photos with my D3200 so thought it best to get her one of her own, she faffed around taking random photos last night of I think everything in the house, they were a tad scary lol.
So this morning we decided to do a bit of learning. I taught her about light and direction, when standing in front of the sun to take a photo of blossom I said, 'what about the light?' she would then move to the right place to allow the light to touch the subject, I was really proud if I'm honest. We looked at some flowers, found a snail and made him a model for the morning and trekked around the sodden garden it was fun. Here are a few of her best ones from the morning.

*No editing has been done to this photos just to resize for website*Blossom.JPGDandilion close.JPGdown the fence.JPGSnail.jpgsnowdrops.JPGWhite flower.JPG

Jenbenjen

Always on
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
She's done an excellent job! I can understand you being very proud :) that Kodak looks a great camera

Chipyluna

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
The only problem she has bless her is she is quite hard on the shutter button, she gets the half way focus (we have that down to a fine art) but then as she pushes the shutter the camera dips down and the majority of her subjects have been caught in the top half of the frame, but for a first time I'm very impressed. Defoe stick with the lighter camera for now.

Chipyluna

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)

Mike Singh

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Well done Scarlet!0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gaelldew

Always on
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I'll bet you are as proud as punch Charlotte, she has taken some excellent pictures, love the (horrible) model.

spuriosity

Always on
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Bless her! Good job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeB

Traveler
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)

adamyoung90

Always on
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Awesome job !!!

Kids have the best imagination... that paired with wanting to get down and dirty, up-close and worry free of what others may think. :)

caveman

Always on
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Awesome job !!!

Kids have the best imagination... that paired with wanting to get down and dirty, up-close and worry free of what others may think. :)
Lets hope it stays with her,you have lighted the spark,well done Scarlet:clapping:

caveman

Always on
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
lighted the spark????,oh well you know what I mean:confused:

Chipyluna

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
She would say that hahaha, we have been out again today, working on straight horizons :)

tenchy

Rain maker
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
she's doing great!! I've seen a lot of kids jabbing at that shutter too! :)

Great pic of her in action too.