• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Full Critique National Arboretum

Pete Larkin

Always on
Premium Member
Well, we were down thataway, so called in to see what it was about. Some very moving tributes and thought provoking sculptures/memorials. It's a massive area, and lots of birds, spiders etc, but I think they add to the melancholy and sadness of the place. For me, had to be mono, but I don't use it very often, so comments are welcome.

We will remeber them.jpg

Haunted.jpg

shot at dawn.jpg

-Oy-

Nice shots - the mono works well. I went with 4 coaches full of veterans a few years back. As you say - it's a massive area!

ed taylor

Super Ed
Super Moderator
Nice photos you have there. Its a very poignant place to visit with plenty of photographic material

rebel06

Looking for a cause.
I have been a few times now, you have caught the mood of the place very well with these mono images .. .

imagesBV

Excellent work ! All very poignant . No 3 stands out for me.
As its full critique...I would add that the bright vertical in No 1 leaves me asking....I cant work out what it is and as an image it might be better removed - beyond my Lightroom skills I'm sure.
I've never been there and its not that far from me...so must make the effort.
Thanks for sharing these!

Pete Larkin

Always on
Premium Member
I have been a few times now, you have caught the mood of the place very well with these mono images .. .
Thank you Paul!
Excellent work ! All very poignant . No 3 stands out for me.
As its full critique...I would add that the bright vertical in No 1 leaves me asking....I cant work out what it is and as an image it might be better removed - beyond my Lightroom skills I'm sure.
I've never been there and its not that far from me...so must make the effort.
Thanks for sharing these!
Cheers iBV. I agree the vertical slash is off-putting, but it's an integral part of the sculpture: on the 11th hour, of the 11th day, the sunlight (if there is any) streams though that portal. It may look better if there were some sky above it (it's open at the top) - I'll have a little play with that.
All nice work Pete. What software did you do the processing?
Thanks Mike. They were processed in Lightroom and photoshop, with the first also going through Silver Efex