• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Photography Deals / Bargains

Darrell

Old Hand
Camdiox ND1000 BIG stopper filter 20% off

I am unsure as I haven't checked whether you can get this cheaper elsewhere, but SRB are offering 20% off the Camdiox ND1000 big stopper filter:-

Camdiox ND1000

Owing to the incredible response we had from the Camdiox ND Fader we would like to offer you 20% off a new Camdiox ND1000 filter. This filter is equivalent to an ND 10 stop in a single filter, being a screw on type this helps to elliminate any light bleed

Similar to our SRB version this filter gives longer exposure times allowing bluring motion and frozen waterfall effects

We are offering our mailing list an extra 20% off the web price. Starting from £14.95 these filters are very economical and a great addition to anyones kit.

The code to enter at the checkout is CAM10

This is a link to the filters:-

http://www.srb-griturn.com/camdiox-nd1000-1069-c.asp

iknowgungfu

Always on
Premium Member
Just a quick one. I know ALbelli give us a forum discount anyway. However until Jan 7th they are giving 40% any photobook with the following code:
4TPBCN

Also 50% calenders and greeting cards:
FTYCAL

I just ordered a photobook that would have cost £111 but came down to £72. I also logged into the website via Quidco which gives me 14% cashback due to an offer they have going at the moment. However, as I use Albelli's standalone program to create the book I am not sure it has registered with Quidco. I made sure to log into the website from Quidco before uploading though so fingers crossed.

Couple that with a cashback credit card and I am hopefully clawing back a few pennies!

Carmen

Forum Geek :)
Honorary Life Member
Refurbished Nikon J1 with 10-30 VR lens AND Lightroom 5 software is currently being sold in the USA for only $149.99

http://nikonrumors.com/2014/05/05/deal-of-the-day-refurbished-nikon-1-j1-with-10-30mm-vr-lens-and-adobe-lightroom-5-for-149-99.aspx/

The J1 is basically the same as my V1 but lacks the viewfinder and flash hotshoe, though it does have a built in flash. It also lacks the mechanical shutter so it's electronic shutter only. You still get all the speed and the same IQ as the V1 though. Total bargain with the bundled software.

Including the import duties etc listed on the Ebay link to buy it and get it shipped to the UK would cost £117ish!

SeanNeedham

Ol' Sparky
Honorary Life Member
Refurbished Nikon J1 with 10-30 VR lens AND Lightroom 5 software is currently being sold in the USA for only $149.99

http://nikonrumors.com/2014/05/05/deal-of-the-day-refurbished-nikon-1-j1-with-10-30mm-vr-lens-and-adobe-lightroom-5-for-149-99.aspx/

The J1 is basically the same as my V1 but lacks the viewfinder and flash hotshoe, though it does have a built in flash. It also lacks the mechanical shutter so it's electronic shutter only. You still get all the speed and the same IQ as the V1 though. Total bargain with the bundled software.

Including the import duties etc listed on the Ebay link to buy it and get it shipped to the UK would cost £117ish!
I just nearly bought one as well... But looked at the bank balance before I hit the paypal, and a job I've been working on hasn't cleared yet; so didn't happen!

Carmen

Honorary Life Member
I just nearly bought one as well... But looked at the bank balance before I hit the paypal, and a job I've been working on hasn't cleared yet; so didn't happen!
I nearly did too, but I've already got LR5. Still worth it though I think as J1's in the UK are still going for more than that ,or about the same secondhand without the software!

SeanNeedham

Ol' Sparky
Honorary Life Member
I nearly did too, but I've already got LR5. Still worth it though I think as J1's in the UK are still going for more than that ,or about the same secondhand without the software!
The way I was looking at it, even though I've got LR5; I could have moved an unused copy of LR pretty quickly and brought the cost of the camera down to about £90.

Carmen

Honorary Life Member
The way I was looking at it, even though I've got LR5; I could have moved an unused copy of LR pretty quickly and brought the cost of the camera down to about £90.
Thats why I nearly went for it... (I still might).

It's a DAMNED good camera for what is basic compact money!!

EDIT: Sod it I just bought one. I've been thinking of buying a second 1 system body anyway. The J is smaller and easier to slip in a pocket and with the 10mm pancake lens I've already got would be an awesome street tool. The software in the picture is labelled "for bundling with cameras only not to be sold separately".

Total cost £121.01

Last edited:

paulmag

Always on
Honorary Life Member
Thats why I nearly went for it... (I still might).

It's a DAMNED good camera for what is basic compact money!!

EDIT: Sod it I just bought one. I've been thinking of buying a second 1 system body anyway. The J is smaller and easier to slip in a pocket and with the 10mm pancake lens I've already got would be an awesome street tool. The software in the picture is labelled "for bundling with cameras only not to be sold separately".

Total cost £121.01
:) Kerching..................sounds like GAS to me

paulmag

Always on
Honorary Life Member
Definitely. G.A.S.
WE may have to do an intervention

Some old threads

Feb 2011 http://www.photography-forum.org/showthread.php/57883-Cupboard-cabinet-to-store-photography-gear
I'm looking for a tall, narrowish (less than 1metre wide) cupboard/cabinet to store my photography gear in. Ideally I'd like it to have space at the bottom for me to chuck in my light stand and tripod and the rucksack I'm currently storing my gear in with shelves at the middle/top to store the camera/lenses on and doors to keep out the dust/dirt.
Nov 2013 http://www.photography-forum.org/showthread.php/105893-How-do-people-store-their-photography-quot-stuff-quot-!!
I have SOOOO much stuff now, all the studio kit is huge too (and TBH rarely used though I don't want to get rid of it). I have a huge pile in the the spare bedroom that takes up an entire corner of the room. That is the hi-lite in it's bag (nearly a metre diameter) two bags with studio lights in, one with ilux and one with lencarta. 3 bags containing lastolite knitted curtain backgrounds, boxes of strut mounts and folders, bags of background support stands and lighting stands.. it's getting ridiculous! To top things off I took possession of a 70cm beauty dish from Brian the other day, the dish is obviously not small but thebox is a metre squared and currently living on the lounge floor but I need to add it to the pile in the bedroom.

Then downstairs I have a cupboard now (a nice one from Piranha trading) to put my cameras and lenses etc in I'm really pleased with it but I do need to get some plastic containers for the smaller stuff like spare batteries etc. but then I have my back packs and bags.... where do I put them!

HiServe

Always on
Sounds familiar. The only thing that seems to hold GAS in check is not being able to make the payments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carmen

Honorary Life Member
It is a good price though, for the price of a mid range compact camera you get a CSC with a much larger sensor and it's a nice little camera. To be fair, on my Facebook group for 1 system fans there's quite a few who have more than one 1-system camera. I've been looking at J's for a while and not clicked buy up until now. Lots use them as their "walkabout/street" camera and save the V for more serious stuff. The Lens alone is worth at least £50 sold separately. All good justifiation for GAS..LOL ;-)

paulmag

Always on
Honorary Life Member
Just had booklet from Morgan computers they are selling lightroom5 boxed for £60

7dayshop are doing an 8 inch Blaupunkt tablet for £40. I have been thinking of getting a tablet for a while, for DSLR tethering and displaying shots, so I bought one.
Very chuffed so far. It is a budget model but nicely built, with a decent screen, big enough to make reading PDF files pleasant. No GPS or compass sadly.
DSLR controller works fine with my Canon 600D(Rebel T3i)