• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

    Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

    If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

    You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

    If you have any problems please contact us.

    The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Photography from a hot air balloon

ed taylor

Super Ed
Super Moderator
Don't give up. We did give up after two years and 13 cancellations..
But don't let me put you off.
We tried Virgin balloons.
 

Snips

Always on
Oh, pooh! You'll go up one day and September will bring some lovely colours and golden light - every cloud has a silver lining.
 

hooferinsane

EXIF Seeker
Super Moderator
Well the trip is planned again tomorrow, looks sunny but the predicted wind speed looks too high. We will be informed midnight tonight whether it's on . I'm not even charging any cam batteries at present......
 

hooferinsane

EXIF Seeker
Super Moderator
That's the way to guarantee a great flight. Well between no camera batteries and maybe forgetting the memory card?
Well if we get the go ahead at midnight tonight, the batteries will be charged :)
One of the girls at work who is coming, her husband/partner knows one of the guys who works for the balloon company. He has said he doesn’t think it will go ahead looking at tomorrow’s wind speeds. (Over 10 mph and it’s not safe apparently for ballooning) He has said though there is an alternative launch site, a bit further away where wind speed seems to be generally lower.
If it doesn’t go ahead, I am apparently being dragged around the shops with the wife...... Itd 3d Ani W60 Smiles 050
 

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
And so continues the never ending saga. How will it end? We'll just have to wait for the new chapter to be released in the near future. :D
 

powly

Always on
Premium Member
I hope you do. You will love it and great photo opportunities.
I was fortunate enough to have a go a while ago and it was great.
And soooo peaceful.
 

hooferinsane

EXIF Seeker
Super Moderator
Well this planned air balloon flight is due to be on tomorrow, but given today's wind speeds of 20mph I am not holding up any hope at all of it going ahead again
 

ed taylor

Super Ed
Super Moderator
I very much doubt your balloon flight will go ahead. We gave up kn ours after two years of cancellations
 

hooferinsane

EXIF Seeker
Super Moderator
Well see if I can make this a record running thread :)

Trip is scheduled again this Saturday, 5.30pm
Predicted wind speed of 8mph all day (pass) temp at 5.30pm: 28 degrees celsius (pass)

Good chance of the flight being on with those predicted measurements, hopefully can put this thread out of it's misery

btw its an all paid for trip by work, but of the original 18 that can fit in the basket, only eight of us are going now

.....watch this space
 

Snips

Always on
Hoping after all the disasters that it's a goer this time :) Weather forecast is quite promising this time.

Don't forget to take your camera with a decent lens, newly charged battery, memory card and settings to raw lol :)
 

kayak

Always on
Fingers crossed this time. No wind up there, just the sounds from below and the blast from the flame. Enjoy it and have a great time.
I'll be on the look out with an air rifle. :swoon:
 

Skyshot

Active Member
Good luck, but the current Met. Office weather charts don't look very promising. With the approaching low-pressure system to the west of the UK, I think there's a good chance of stronger wind with the added possibility that a cold-front may develop too - this will mean very unstable and gusty wind. :(

I hope their prediction is wrong and that the high-pressure system holds for another few days so that you can finally get your flight. :ok:

Good luck.
 
Top