• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Pigeons in Wyoming?

Renee Lund

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
Ok so I had NO idea that Pigeons lived in Wyoming! I've only ever seen them in the city on building ledges and city parks. Yesterday I went out to photograph some wild horses we have here in WY where most of the landscape is beautiful rainbow colored badlands. Out of nowhere I hear a familiar sound and there they were sitting pretty as you please!

DSC_9362.jpg

RyanB

Eye of the Tiger
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
They certainly look healthier than most city pigeons I've seen.

Renee Lund

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No

David_MC

Always on
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
They look nice. Certainly not as rough looking as most city Pigeons I've seen.

Renee Lund

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
They look nice. Certainly not as rough looking as most city Pigeons I've seen.
They live in dangerous territory with so many birds of prey here.

Renee Lund

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
and cleaner too. very cool find in the prairie!
Thanks and your right much cleaner. They are out in the badlands where it is really hot and harsh rock formations with not many soft things to land on.

Mountain Mamma

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Nice capture, we live 40 miles from the nearest town and I thought it was odd when I saw pigeons here as well they are not a bird you expect to see in the country. lol

May I ask where it is you go to photography the wild horses in WY? I'm only 40 miles from the WY border in colorado and would love to try wild horses more.

Renee Lund

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
Nice capture, we live 40 miles from the nearest town and I thought it was odd when I saw pigeons here as well they are not a bird you expect to see in the country. lol

May I ask where it is you go to photography the wild horses in WY? I'm only 40 miles from the WY border in colorado and would love to try wild horses more.
I primarily photograph 3 HMA's here in the northern half of WY. All 3 are BLM but 2 are WY herds and 1 is Montana herd. The 2 WY herds are both in the northern half of WY one being near Cody and the other near Worland which is where I live. Being your close to the WY southern border you will most likely want to visit the other 14 herds down there. I will give you the BLM map link to help you locate one near you and I will also give you my Flickr link so you can take a look through my 3 wild horse albums. I have just started to upload photos as I have quite a lot so loading them small amounts at a time. I visit these HMA's a lot so more photo will be coming in the future. Let me know if you have any other questions about the wild horses or HMA's (Horse Management Areas). YOU also have wild horse herds in COLORADO! Here are all the links.

Flickr link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/reneelund/albums

WYOMING BLM 16 HMAs: https://www.blm.gov/programs/wild-horse-and-burro/herd-management/gathers-and-removals/wyoming

COLORADO BLM HMAs: https://www.blm.gov/programs/wild-horse-and-burro/herd-management/gathers-and-removals/colorado

Mountain Mamma

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Thanks for those links, I knew we have some wild horse herds here in Colorado but thought they were all down south. I will take a look and see if I can find some of them near me in CO and WY to try to photograph. I look forward to checking out your Flicker albums as well.

I primarily photograph 3 HMA's here in the northern half of WY. All 3 are BLM but 2 are WY herds and 1 is Montana herd. The 2 WY herds are both in the northern half of WY one being near Cody and the other near Worland which is where I live. Being your close to the WY southern border you will most likely want to visit the other 14 herds down there. I will give you the BLM map link to help you locate one near you and I will also give you my Flickr link so you can take a look through my 3 wild horse albums. I have just started to upload photos as I have quite a lot so loading them small amounts at a time. I visit these HMA's a lot so more photo will be coming in the future. Let me know if you have any other questions about the wild horses or HMA's (Horse Management Areas). YOU also have wild horse herds in COLORADO! Here are all the links.

Flickr link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/reneelund/albums

WYOMING BLM 16 HMAs: https://www.blm.gov/programs/wild-horse-and-burro/herd-management/gathers-and-removals/wyoming

COLORADO BLM HMAs: https://www.blm.gov/programs/wild-horse-and-burro/herd-management/gathers-and-removals/colorado