• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Full Critique Richmond Stags

Minor Problem

Always on
Premium Member
I visited Richmond Park Monday morning, it's a bit of an effort for me as it involves a 3am start and a 4am ferry but I was rewarded with the conditions I hoped for, clear skies, mist and frost. Here are a few stag pics from my morning.

1) the first red stag of the morning
RichmondStags-1.jpg

2) I followed this chap around for 30 minutes or so while he carried out his morning routine of hiding, scratching and munching in the trees before venturing out into the light...
RichmondStags-2.jpg

3)
RichmondStags-3.jpg

4) Shortly after this I left him alone as he wandered off into the mist to see his ladies hotly pursued by 4 photographers that had spotted me showing him.
RichmondStags-4.jpg

Phill104

Always on
Premium Member
Great set of shots sir.

As for Richmind, I live just north of London and it is a pain for me so I am impressed you put so much effort in. If you do it again try Bushey park, should be a little easier for you to get to and access is better, at least it was last time I was there.

*edit. Seems Bushey park, which used to be accessible on foot 24hrs, is now only open at 8am. I used to go to Bushey for that very reason as Richmond has opened at 7:30 for many years. Bit pants really.

Minor Problem

Always on
Premium Member
Great set of shots sir.

As for Richmind, I live just north of London and it is a pain for me so I am impressed you put so much effort in. If you do it again try Bushey park, should be a little easier for you to get to and access is better, at least it was last time I was there.

*edit. Seems Bushey park, which used to be accessible on foot 24hrs, is now only open at 8am. I used to go to Bushey for that very reason as Richmond has opened at 7:30 for many years. Bit pants really.
Thanks Phil!

I parked a few yards outside the Roehampton Gate in a residential street and walked in through the open pedestrian entrance at 6am so I could explore before a 6:45 sunrise. It seems the pedestrian part of the gates are open 24hrs except for when the cull is on.

Wow Barry they are very impressive.
Thanks Paul!