• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Go Easy On Me RPS Attempt possibles

PatriciaWN

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
No
Here are a few of the panel I am putting for an "LRPS" Husband did it years ago an hving sat through that I am a quivering wreck efore I start - and they say it is harder than ever
They all start out as standard shots taken mostly with a Canon 7D and usually the 24-105L USM (Which has now been modified to infra red ) We were printers and gradually became digital printers. I started with Photoshop 2.2!
By the way the avatar is my youngest grand-daughter who had just woken up to have Gran with camera!
Hail at Calanich_8760-62.jpgWinch on the headland.jpgChinese Drawing Red E.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

imagesBV

Here a lot
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
I believe the LRPS panel has to show a command of photography....ability to control the camera to get well composed and exposed shots.....I don't think they are heavy on artistic impression and post processing.....and the whole panel must hang together and relate to some degree....I think the winch (potentially) and (more so) the Chinese drawing are a bit advanced for LRPS....I could be wrong.....
They might see the winch as just improperly exposed...its so hard to say....there is some subjectivity between judges on the day.
(did mine in 2015 by the way)

I mean to say you are probably more advanced that LRPS requires and maybe need to normalise your approach a bit. I don't mean to sound like you don't have a command of photography or ability to control a camera.....as you clearly do.

breeliz

Old Hand
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
You can't win if you don't play. Send them in and see what happens. If they critique them, learn and give them what they want. I like them. I can't judge their technical excellence because I do not have the proper files or prints in the desired size. Your #3 image reminds me of Lith film shots I used to take back in the day. It's a beautiful and unique photographic idea. The gear device is like a ghost focus point. Without it your photo would be a sunset snapshot but with it, the image sings. The stone pillars are nice but not fabulous. They don't have that "Je ne sais quoi" that these folks seem to want in addition to a technically excellent image. But who knows maybe they will see it differently than I do. The absolute worst thing that can happen is that they laugh you out of the audition. Then come back here and we can have a party.

imagesBV

Here a lot
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
They do run advisory days of course and there is an on-line facility that you can send images and seek advice.

RyanB

Eye of the Tiger
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Hope you don't mind but I made these full sized for you.
No experience re the LRPS so I have no advice to add but I will say I really like the winch and Chinese style shots.

PatriciaWN

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
No
I have been a member of the RPs for the last 8 years plus. As the RPS Scotland is a bit parochial, attendance with prints or digital at any of the Photo Forums is usually guaranteed to mean that the advisers of the day are actually board members of the various panels - one being the L!. I have taken things along and had "yes and yes, you only need two more" etcetera - next time - with additions its ="well we suggest you approach from a different angle...". So any and all suggestions are duly noted. I will be putting in- I hope -a range of shots using various lenses etc.
At Callanich that day we experienced, sun, snow, hail and rain- the sky and lighting is real, I increased the clarity & dehaze, kept medium contrast and a touch of levels. Any distance shots are full of people.
The winch is just the levels and exposure on a photo taken on Vatersay at 4am!!
Yes I remember my husband creating a lith of our young son amongst many things. The Struan Loch is high pass on a B/w. I had to try and create a few white grasses on the rock area as they all lumped into a solid black. The sun was a moon from a few years earlier turned pantone 032. I had a lovely red chinese lettering (double happiness) which I had embroidered for a niece's wedding and photographed. -The intent was those long Chinese paintings and prose in red & black, but was dissuade as they RPS don't like letting in their photos

PatriciaWN

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
No
Addendum -thank you - didn't like to put them in full size even if I had crunched them to nothing