• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Some practice shots

Grumpy John

Old Hand
with my new Tokina 100mm Macro lens.
All images are uncropped, i.e. as shot.

Some flowers in the front yard. I should have set the f value to 8, or 10 to achieve greater DOF.
Macro_5.jpg

Macro_8.jpg

Macro_12.jpg

Pencil 1.jpg

Some tools of the trade.
#5 the locking screw on a 150mm vernier caliper.
Vernier 2.jpg

#6 barrel & thimble of a 50mm-75mm micrometer. This is a 30 image stack.
50-75 Micrometer.jpg

#7 Dandelion, 11 image stack.
Dandelion.jpg

Snips

Always on
Lovely dandelion shot at the end. Cropped rather tight at the top but if this the top of the original, I'd clone a few of the hairs out so they're not touch the top edge. Gorgeous colours and shows the delicate nature of these seed heads.

Nice set.

Grumpy John

Old Hand
Thanks for the feedback Snips, You're correct, it is a bit cramped at the top. I will revisit this shot and add a bit of canvas to the upper edge and do a content aware fill, hopefully that will improve the image.

RyanB

Always on
Premium Member
Those pinks in the dandelion bg really suit it as a subject. I find stacking something like this is best done with a slightly higher aperture and less layers, f4 should still give you that creamy bg and using less layers should result in fewer blurred bits(Artifacts from the stacking process) you can see scattered amongst the seed fluff and the stem where it meets the seed head.