• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Starling

Ozzie_Traveller

Old Hand
Premium Member
G'day mate

Hmmm - yes a long-lens shot to be sure [your trusty SX hard at work again] ... although it doesn't seem to have the level of sharpness I would expect from the SX

suggestions for next time ~
a) see if you can vary the background so that the building is not so visible ... ie: vote with your feet and move sideways
b) the image is not showing any camera shake so it might be heavily cropped?? - maybe try to get closer so that cropping is not needed [if that has happened here]

Hope this helps
Phil

Styeffo

G'day mate

Hmmm - yes a long-lens shot to be sure [your trusty SX hard at work again] ... although it doesn't seem to have the level of sharpness I would expect from the SX

suggestions for next time ~
a) see if you can vary the background so that the building is not so visible ... ie: vote with your feet and move sideways
b) the image is not showing any camera shake so it might be heavily cropped?? - maybe try to get closer so that cropping is not needed [if that has happened here]

Hope this helps
Phil
Hi Phil...

yeahh it was the SX but it was a situation where I was a good 60 feet away from the subject which was in a tree fairly high up, there’s actually no cropping on this one..

thanks for the tips, all noted :thanks:

Ozzie_Traveller

Old Hand
Premium Member
All good Stef

Every camera / lens - no matter its price - has its limits ... and I have found many times over the years that once a l-o-n-g lens is stretched to its maximum that sharpness can suffer from atmospheric haze, camera shake and just the lens design itself. Maybe you -like me- will have to come to terms with what's okay vs what's not quite good enough [and only show our mates the 'good' ones] :)

Phil