• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

ultimate newb here.

A Dad

I will make this quick. the camera I have goes clik, and i get a picture. works for me. What i want to learn is knowledge that will allow me to compose a picture that will look good every time it goes clik.
wanting to learn a bit faster than my in house photo geek can teach me. So sources to look up and any knowledge your willing to give out would be appreciated

rebel06

Looking for a cause.
I will make this quick. the camera I have goes clik, and i get a picture. works for me. What i want to learn is knowledge that will allow me to compose a picture that will look good every time it goes clik.
wanting to learn a bit faster than my in house photo geek can teach me. So sources to look up and any knowledge your willing to give out would be appreciated
I have been taking photos for over 40 years and I have yet to find a technique that gives me a good photo every time the shutter goes click.
This is a good source to get photography explained in a simple manner ... Mike Browne.

Oh and welcome to the best forum on the internet even if that was 2 years ago, and we are a friendly lot, maybe you will stick around.

Paul

Snips

Always on
Nature. i have taken pictures for some time well on back country hikes and canoes trips. tired of them never looking like what I am seeing with my eyes.

Thanks gentleman
A great way of learning, and how many of us have learned as well, is to post them on the forum and we'll comment on them and give you encouraging remarks on how to improve. Embrace these comments and your standard will definitely progress.

And welcome!

Dacaur

After a year of muddling through YouTube videos and Google searches, a trip to the Grand canyon ended with a memory card full of complete ****, I finally realized the problem.
You don't know what you don't know.

I used to think that was just a stupid saying meaning you don't know anything that you don't know, but I finally realized that's not what it means!
Basically means you know you lack knowledge, but don't have enough knowledge to know what to put into Google to find the into you need.....

This is all a roundabout way of saying, the first step I recommend is buying and reading the book "Bryan Peterson's understanding photography field guide". You can get a used copy for under $10. I learned more about photography from that one book than I learned in my previous 39 years on Earth, and before I was even finished, I had put my new knowledge to the test and taken some of my best pictures yet!....

A Dad

not adverse to picking up a book. may give that a try. This thread has already been a huge help.
My daughter seen me watching a video last night that had been recommended to watch , and exclaimed.
"That is what you have been asking me about!!!"
apparently my wording and or her understanding of the questions I have been asking is why she has not been able to help me as much as I expected she could.
early morning here so off to do some yard work and then with some of this new knowledge i have picked up I am going to an area that has pictures I think worth taking, and for the upteenth time try to see if I can get a photo at least close to being as good as what my eye is seeing.

thanks again