• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

"Worst" kit, best picture

Patey

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
No
I always carry a P&S camera. My current one is a Canon G12 but during our trip to Louisiana in 2009 it was a Canon A470 which I bought from Argos for fifty quid. :)

hooferinsane

EXIF Seeker
Super Moderator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Olympus 2 megapixel compact

through.jpg

Kaouthia

Here a lot
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
No
Does film count?

This is almost as budget as it gets for me by today's standards (if you don't count the Nikkormat FTn I got at a car boot sale for a quid). This was shot Ilford FP4+ using a Nikon N90s (they call it the F90x outside the USA), but metered with a Sekonic light meter, not the in-camera meter, with a 50mm f/1.8D AF lens last year.

You can pick up an N90s now for about £20-30 on eBay (this one was $750 when I bought it new 15 years ago) and it has a faster autofocus than the F4!

Attachments

Patey

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
No
Here's another with the fifty quid Canon A470.

paulmag

Always on
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Just looked through there are many cracking images

Carmen

Forum Geek :)
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Glad this one got brought up again. I think I'll stick this one in here since the kit was far from ideal for the conditions.

Shot at ISO 3200 on a Nikon V1 with the standard (slow) kit lens in poor light with dogs running at about 35-40mph.....wish I'd taken a fast lens as the camera itself is fast but not the best at high ISO due to it's small sensor, still I thought this was not bad considering all of the above (i.e. I got dogs in the shot and they're not just blurry streaks)!

_DSC4300-2.jpg

Kaouthia

Here a lot
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
No
Now we're as budget as I get...

This was shot last August during Blackpool's punk weekend using a Nikkormat FTn that I got for a pound at a car boot sale, along with a 50mm f/1.8 Ai-S lens that cost me about £15. Using a roll of Tri-X that expired about 20 years ago with a yellowgreen filter on the lens. Developed myself using Ilford Ilfotec LC29. Some funny goings on on the right of the frame, but it doesn't bother me that much (I think it was just a scanning issue, as it's not on the negative).

Attachments

FlashBangWallop

Always on
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
Tones in this are brilliant!!

Carmen

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
There's some great stuff in this thread, some of the last posts have been brilliant.

Goes to show it's the person behind the kit that counts most of the time.

royalpython

Always on
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373804017.748836.jpg

iPhone 4s, edited on the iPhone 4s - cake base as reflector :)

royalpython

Always on
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
There's some great stuff in this thread, some of the last posts have been brilliant.

Goes to show it's the person behind the kit that counts most of the time.
More great shots since my last visit to the thread :)

Kaouthia

Here a lot
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
No
iPhone 4s, edited on the iPhone 4s - cake base as reflector :)
That's a great shot for an iPhone, and while I prefer boas myself, I do like me some ball python photos. :D

What camera app were you using to get your exposure right?

tenchy

Rain maker
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Yes some good stuff here again.

royalpython

Always on
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
That's a great shot for an iPhone, and while I prefer boas myself, I do like me some ball python photos. :D

What camera app were you using to get your exposure right?
I love boa's :) When the kids are bigger I may get another one, but kids are too young for them still.

I used camera+ which is pretty decent, it does exposure point and focus point separately. Used the free photoshop app for the edit :)

Kaouthia

Here a lot
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
No
I love boa's :) When the kids are bigger I may get another one, but kids are too young for them still.

I used camera+ which is pretty decent, it does exposure point and focus point separately. Used the free photoshop app for the edit :)
I use Camera+ too, it's great. Check out Snapseed for editing too, fantastic on both the iPhone and the iPad.

(Nice to see another reptile nut on here, did you see the photos I posted of Darwin?) :)

royalpython

Always on
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I use Camera+ too, it's great. Check out Snapseed for editing too, fantastic on both the iPhone and the iPad.

(Nice to see another reptile nut on here, did you see the photos I posted of Darwin?) :)
Not yet but I will have a look - animal photos section? :)

The forum will be swamped over the next couple of months, I've some baby royals hatching at the moment :)

davyboi

Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
DSC00002.jpg

Taken at New Miller Dam in Wakefield on a Sony Ericsson W880i mobile phone about 5 years ago. I just took a quick snap as I was walking around and didn't realise until I got home how it turned out!

Carmen

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
One from my Nexus 4 phone tonight. The sky was amazing - reminded me of the voice of god from Monty Python's Holy Grail. Just gutted it didn't do this the other day when I had two cameras set up and waiting for a sunset...
2013-08-26 22.46.41.jpg

paulmag

Always on
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
cracking sky

Carmen

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Yeah - I just popped up to the local shop to grab some gravy granules to have with dinner and I noticed that. I didn't even have my phone with me at the time, so as soon as I got home I ran out to the back garden with it. Unfortunately most of it was hidden below the trees etc.

paulmag

Always on
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Yeah - I just popped up to the local shop to grab some gravy granules to have with dinner and I noticed that. I didn't even have my phone with me at the time, so as soon as I got home I ran out to the back garden with it. Unfortunately most of it was hidden below the trees etc.
well done gravy granules :)

Monica

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I don't know if I have any to post, but these threads always make me wonder why there is even a need for "fancier" gear? There are so many incredible shots on here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk