• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Just Sharing A few spring storms.

SeanNeedham

Ol' Sparky
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Now work is thankfully calming down a bit, and the restrictions easing, it's just fallen nice for the start of the summer storm season. Not had many big visible storms yet, nor any that have come down when the light is naturally low, but that does take the fun out of it a bit. Here's a few of what has happened so far; don't read too much in to things like EXIF, the rig isn't stock.
RSN_9053.jpg

RSN_9850.jpg

RSN_9931.jpg

RSN_9952.jpg

Photobum

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Wow! Nice photographs and all captured at the perfect moment.

David_MC

Always on
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Those are some dramatic skies. Fantastic shots!

Taboo

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
Dramatic clouds there. Looks like they copped a decent dump.

SeanNeedham

Ol' Sparky
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Dramatic clouds there. Looks like they copped a decent dump.
Each day we've had a storm this spring it's dropped us a minimum of 50mm / 2inch over square unit, there's been a hell of a lot of wet this year to the point of having to open the emergency release on the dams. Then last weekend we had snow and frosts, which coming down from 35ºC to that was a bit of a shock.

Taboo

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
Each day we've had a storm this spring it's dropped us a minimum of 50mm / 2inch over square unit, there's been a hell of a lot of wet this year to the point of having to open the emergency release on the dams. Then last weekend we had snow and frosts, which coming down from 35ºC to that was a bit of a shock.
We've had the wettest and coldest start to the year here for as long as I remember so it looks like the solar minimum they have talked about is making it's effects known all over.
Be interesting to see if it keeps up the next few years.

SeanNeedham

Ol' Sparky
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
We've had the wettest and coldest start to the year here for as long as I remember so it looks like the solar minimum they have talked about is making it's effects known all over.
Be interesting to see if it keeps up the next few years.
It will be interesting, but folk would just assign it to something like "climate change"; the last two I remember both brought some interesting shifts in weather patterns, first one was really hot summers (and quite sharp winters) for a couple of years and the last was quite hot and wet. I don't know how it'll play out this time, though, but for the last few cycles (starting in '78) the minimum has been decreasing in intensity.

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Beautiful shots, Sean.

SeanNeedham

Ol' Sparky
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Beautiful shots, Sean.
Thanks Roger; went out again this afternoon for some, didn't get any but discovered a few more interesting points of view. One thing about this lockdown we've had is that in the 14 years I've been living here I've spent more exploring the different parts of the mountains this last two months than I have ever done in the rest of the time.

Just back in now to get things reconfigured as I'm on the early turn tomorrow, and the forecast says that we're due some more during the afternoon so best be ready just in case :)