• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Done it again Bought ANOTHER film camera

Gt6s

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Done it again ! Bought another flaming film camera. Not medium format this time but 35mm. Despite convincing myself I DO NOT NEED ONE OF THESE. Camera is a Canon F1 New with AE finder £250 also bought a winder FN for £60 these two items give the camera both shutter and arpeture priority. Even tho it will most likely be used on manual exposure. So much for convincing myself.

MadAnt

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
Sounds like a good purchase.

The F1 was Cannons rival to the market dominance of the Nikon F2 with the professional community back in the day.

Just like the F2 its a system camera with multiple interchangeable configurations.

The only thing I recall back in the day is that you need one particular winder and prism combination to shoot both shutter and aperture priority.

Oh and they brass up quite quickly due to the matt finish cannon applied to them.

Gt6s

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Oh I know about the brassing. Had an old F1 years back SHOULD NOT HAVE SOLD THAT. Crikey 35mm film got dear.

MadAnt

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
Oh I know about the brassing. Had an old F1 years back SHOULD NOT HAVE SOLD THAT. Crikey 35mm film got dear.
And its only going up in price all the time.......

Kt29

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
Done it again ! Bought another flaming film camera. Not medium format this time but 35mm. Despite convincing myself I DO NOT NEED ONE OF THESE. Camera is a Canon F1 New with AE finder £250 also bought a winder FN for £60 these two items give the camera both shutter and arpeture priority. Even tho it will most likely be used on manual exposure. So much for convincing myself.
I also recently purchased another film camera. A Canon Elan 7-E .. Nice camera also.