• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Just Sharing Holding your dogs interest for a photo

hooferinsane

EXIF Seeker
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Only from the phone, as trying to 'train' him to sit still for a decent pic. Idea eventually is to take an actual cam over to the woods, and probably clone the lead out. Long way to go yet I think :).

bax.jpg

RyanB

Eye of the Tiger
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Hold a piece of bacon in your phone/ camera holding hand, instant eye contact!... :D

hooferinsane

EXIF Seeker
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Hold a piece of bacon in your phone/ camera holding hand, instant eye contact!... :D
It probably would be instant dog tongue to lens contact with him, as he would be on it in a shot!

Snips

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Over the years we've found, even with our completely disobedient whippets who really couldn't care about human rules, that making them sit before their meal works well.

If you do this for every meal it starts to work quite well after 7-10 days. The idea is they get their food when they sit and if they stand before the food is on the floor you take it away. To begin with they only need sit for a second but after a few days you can increase this to up to around 5 seconds.

After a week or so you can teach them to sit for treats the same way. And then it will work for your photography with the added bonus that they're pricking their ears in expectation of a treat when you're outside.

Using treats is also how we taught the whippets to walk at heel. Doesn't work 100% but 90% of the time they're sort of under control.

Aussirose

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
He's cute. Can't wait to see his face. :)

David_MC

Always on
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Holding a favorite toy over you head helps as well.

Skyshot

Here a lot
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I've always found holding a dog biscuit in your camera hand keeps them looking at the camera.