• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Competition Entry Image of the Month for February 2021

hooferinsane

EXIF Seeker
Super Moderator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Rules of IOTM:

1. Read the rules

2. One entry allowed per member

3. The closing date for entries will be Monday 1st March 2021 at midnight - this will allow any photos taken late on in the month time to be processed and entered into the competition

4. Entries must be taken in the current month of February 2021 to qualify, and EXIF will be required in the photos to verify this. Photos without EXIF will be removed from the voting stage

5. Post your entries directly below into this thread

6. After the closing date for entries a new voting thread will be created for members to vote on

7. LINKED IMAGES WILL BE EXCLUDED - Please only post images directly into the thread

8. Please do not comment on individual photos posted. PLEASE NOTE THE THREAD IS FOR THE POSTING OF IMAGES ONLY, AND IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD.

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
OK, everyone here having problems with EXIF please go try www.picresize.com . Just upload your image to that site, select 1024 pixels and in the file size box type in 245-250 kb. When you're done, download that new image to your device so you can post it here. This fix should work for everyone.

CarolineD

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Sorry, Caroline. There's no EXIF showing in this one.
Strange. I explicitly made it with my iPhone and used a shortcut that preserves the exif. So probably the problem is somewhere in the resizing.

I made a change to it, so now it should have Exif data.... but... it also now shows my location. Hmmm....

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
so now it should have Exif data.... but... it also now shows my location. Hmmm....
Yes, some cameras and most phones have location services turned on as a default. It can be turned off, but unless it's a sensitive location, I just leave mine on.

CarolineD

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Yes, some cameras and most phones have location services turned on as a default. It can be turned off, but unless it's a sensitive location, I just leave mine on.
:) I consider it as sensitive information, in this case, as it is in my garden. I would have no problem with it if it were somewhere in the fields surrounding me. So I will leave it for now.

Southern Gent

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
OK, everyone here having problems with EXIF please go try www.picresize.com . Just upload your image to that site, select 1024 pixels and in the file size box type in 245-250 kb. When you're done, download that new image to your device so you can post it here. This fix should work for everyone.
I finally had to go down to 1,000 px on the long side. 200/in and limit the file size to 240kb in LR export to get it to work.

CarolineD

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
now it should have an Exif, after lots of changes and trying,

only in my opinion the quality is now so bad that it looks terrible, certainly compared to this Picture in this same thread. Picture of Southern Gent

FBB9D77D-EAC5-488A-9AA7-E01394355AAD.jpeg

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
only in my opinion the quality is now so bad that it looks terrible
Hi Caroline. This is one situation where clicking on the image brings up a much higher quality picture as well as the EXIF. For some reason this seems to be one of the quirks we have to deal with because of recent upgrades to the forum software. We're still trying to work that one out.

Regardless, your picture looks great and the EXIF is included now.

hooferinsane

EXIF Seeker
Super Moderator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Three days left to get an entry in, remember the rules about EXIF! It’s best to upload directly to the forum, within the forum file size imits. If you upload or link the image oversize, the forum software will resize the image (possibly may also reject an oversize image) and strip the EXIF.