• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Intermediate rigs for exakta

ZecaTrindade

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Hello, I bought recently a lot of Exakta material. It cames with this, I think Intermediate rigs. I don´t know if it it for macro fotography or to use with a microscope.
Some peaces are clean inside a others are with a black cover. Is it normal this black cover, or really needed.

Thank you

rings.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Hello, I bought recently a lot of Exakta material. It cames with this, I think Intermediate rigs. I don´t know if it it for macro fotography or to use with a microscope.
It would almost appear that you have a camera lens mount with a set of macro tubes. I just can't tell from the picture if the last one on the right is the receiver ring for the actual lens.

ZecaTrindade

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
It would almost appear that you have a camera lens mount with a set of macro tubes. I just can't tell from the picture if the last one on the right is the receiver ring for the actual lens.
yes, the last one is. But the inside need to be black? 3 of them are clean, and the other is black. Thanks

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
the inside need to be black?
All of my tube sets are black inside. It's to prevent light bouncing around in the tubes and spoiling your shot, or so they say. I've never tried ones that are reflective, although I've seen them before.

BrianS

Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
No
Extension tubes are usually painted black. The piece to the far right looks like a retaining ring for a Series VI or VII filter holder, which are not painted black. The piece in the middle- not sure. I've had some lens hoods that were lined with black material, like velvet. I would need to see more images, but looks like a part of something.

ZecaTrindade

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Extension tubes are usually painted black. The piece to the far right looks like a retaining ring for a Series VI or VII filter holder, which are not painted black. The piece in the middle- not sure. I've had some lens hoods that were lined with black material, like velvet. I would need to see more images, but looks like a part of something.
Thank youRing in Exakta.jpg
Yes, it fits perfectly in Exakta Varex IIb.
Does not make reference to the brand. It only has the entry - Made in Sweden

BrianS

Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
No
Those certainly are extension tubes! Maybe at one time they were lined with anti-reflective material, hard to know. I have three lenses in exakta mount, one doubles as a magnifier for the finder. It is a 105mm F4.5 Cassar. I'd never believe it had this dual-use if I did not own it and am using it that way now.