• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Last one to post wins

tenchy

Rain maker
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Already had 2 road closures round here from accidents

Trevor Gale

Old Hand
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
that's a nasty coincidence, last night late an ambulance, fire engine and police car went zipping along our road (normally quiet), turns out someone (perhaps a bike) went off the lane in adjoining village and into the water (small canal) - not sure of the result, but some 15 mins later an ambulance went by in the reverse direction back along our road *very* slowly, can't think of any other reason than that it may have been carrying a person with e.g. a spinal injury...

tenchy

Rain maker
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Not good. One of the closures yesterday was at a spot a friend of mine had a head on on his bike. His girlfriend survived but he never.

Trevor Gale

Old Hand
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Sorry to hear that, some of these "accident black spots" never do seem to get dealt with for whatever reason

tenchy

Rain maker
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
It's a surprising spot, slight bend on a not particularly fast section, no junction.

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Well, Happy New Year's Eve to you guys.

tenchy

Rain maker
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Aye, good riddance last year

Trevor Gale

Old Hand
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Doesn't really feel like any 'new year' has started, seems more like a continuation of the last... Soccer on the T.V. with fake fan noises in the wrong times (tho I don't watch soccer much), Snooker matches with 'tinned applause' that comes over when there's no cause and doesn't when there's a good shot), radio & TV presenters saying "And with me here is xx.yy (at a social distance of course)" repeatedly emphasizing the distancing issue, companies telling one over and again the non-excuse "Well there might be an extra delay due to Corona" (that's no excuse now they've had time to arrange for that), yet all the while loads of people massing in the High Streets and cramming into shops with no regard for safety concerns - on top of that yesterday (N.Y.Eve) here we heard and saw so many people obviously having a dozen or more all together at their various parties again regardless of the regulations... nah, it won't be "New Year" for months or maybe even another year to come, yet!

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Here we are, 2/3 of the way through February and still no sign of a party yet.

Bear1967

Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Am I too late?

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Nope! There's not enough people yet to start the party.

ed taylor

Super Ed
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I'm still here.

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Everyone has been hiding behind their masks.

Trevor Gale

Old Hand
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
People here still ignoring advice, guidelines and even the law, we have a curfew here (21:00 - 04:30) - but the younger people are flouting that by going to their mates at 20:30 or so and staying overnight (only 1 visitor at a household is allowed, but they'll arrive separately so as to look like they're the "one" visitor!). Problem is, since they can't go out to a cafe / pub and booze, and they can't buy beer or any other booze after 20:00, so they can't spontaneously go get some beer or whatever... so what they're doing is using drugs during the evening / night, getting stoned and staying over 'till the morning, then going home or to work!!! Apparently it's easier to get the drugs than the booze (no, don't ask me how as I've never bought such drugs). Whatever happened to society???

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
It's funny (not ha ha funny) that I live right on the rural edge of a zone deemed RED for covid reasons here. My M.D. and closest hospital are in the next zone which is more relaxed as in an ORANGE designation. It's actually a matter of one half kilometre difference to the zone border, but my family, doctor, hospital, regular shopping et al are in the more relaxed zone so where do you think I spend my time?

Trevor Gale

Old Hand
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I wouldn't blame you one iota for that, in fact I'd do the same in that situation. It's a logical thing to do, but I'll guess you're not not buying in 'ecstacy' or 'crack' or 'ice' or whatever other stuff the teenagers and other youth here are doing. I'll also guess that you're actually shopping, eating and sleeping 'normally' rather than spending the evenings and nights getting 'high' with ten of your mates out of control! It's a question of being sensible, acting responsibly; these words do not appear to be in the vocabulary of certain people here!
As of yesterday (latest Gov't announcement) the curfew and visiting laws have been extended to 15th March, yet hairdressers, masseurs, 'nail studios' are allowed to open plus many schools are re-opening and younger people up to 27yrs are allowed to play sports again... there's a load of inconsistent laws and recommendations...

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Inconsistency seems to run rampant in every level of government all over the world.

Trevor Gale

Old Hand
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Plus extensive forgetfulness too. Although much of that is ignorance. The idiotic kind. Unfortunately to be expected when there's an election coming up, as there is over here...
"We must all take care together, you and me, and follow all of the rules including the ones we have announced, this is the only way to ensure our re-elction combat the virus."

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Our Crime Minister is not due for election for another two years, but he's trying to sneak in a surprise election soon. He'll be in for a surprise all right when he even loses his own seat along with quite a few other Lieberals.

tenchy

Rain maker
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Ours did that too!

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Your Crime Minister almost won the Idiot Of The Year trophy hands down, but ours is failing to get testing and inoculations to happen here which put him in first place as Idiot Extraordinaire, world wide.

tenchy

Rain maker
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
They are all prize idiots

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
The problem arises when more idiots keep voting them back in.

Trevor Gale

Old Hand
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Here we have a coalition which I think is far better than the "first-past-the-post" system in the U.K. Roger will know far better than I do but I'm under the impression that there are far more parties in Canada than in the U.K. Over here this year there have been an amazing array of different parties, too many in my opinion!
However, although in theory a coalition can better represent the people's needs and wishes, here there is too much "polder thinking" which results in inconsistent policies being adopted, at a minor level this leads to things like different traffic laws in different provinces (e.g. bicycles having absolute right of way even on roundabouts in some provinces and more sensibibly the use of cycle traffic-lights in other provinces) and at major levels such as in the current corona pandemic there are different regulations in certain areas to those in other areas, and (e.g.) 'exceptions' to the rulings for sex-workers but not for hairdressers...
At least now the recent election here is over the result seems to be that many of the more silly 'leftie' parties have lost seats and there's the chance of a more coordinated structure in the new coalition, and that just might make for a more consistent leadership. A chance, that is, not a guarantee, because now follows a series of arguments about the formation of the coalition which should sort out who works with whom and who fulfils particular responsibilities!

I'm an engineer, and I'm sure glad I never went into politics, because I like to make constructive engineering solutions rather than win combatative power struggles! ;-)

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
We do indeed have many parties here. In fact, the current party in power is controlling a minority government, and the party who actually won the most votes but not the most seats are sitting as official opposition. An unofficial coalition between the minority government and three more minority parties means that the will of the majority is being screwed over.