• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Last one to post wins

tenchy

Rain maker
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Trouble is, whoever you vote for they are all lying hypocrites

Trevor Gale

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
At least here the party with the most votes seems to also get the most seats, and therefore (theoretically) leads the coalition. In any event, the makeup of the coalition corresponds with the makeup of the peoples' votes. The only wierd thing that can occur is if another party (e.g. the party with the second-largest number of votes) refuses to work with the leading party in the coalition - meaning that the final coalition has to be made up of the leading party with a number of other parties. In turn, then, the party refusing to cooperate will oppose whatever the eventually-formed coalition works towards, and having enough seats can destroy the cooperation between other parties in the coalition. Makes trouble for everyone, and doesn't represent the people either.

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Here in Ontario, we the people voted the brother of a drug dealer who is loud, obnoxious, aggressive, and actually gets shiite done when he says he will, to be our Provincial Premier. He's actually a person who talks back to Prime Ministers and Presidents when they're wrong. Now just because he is doing great things for the people of Ontario, he's really hated by quite a few of the vocal minority who can't control him.

Trevor Gale

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
There'll always be a minority with loud voices out of all proportion. They have to shout out so loudly because there are so few of them. That's not usually a problem even if it is annoying to most; the trouble comes when they take up more violent means of 'getting their message across'. I think that many of such people are thugs just using any opportunity to wade in with their fists and stones in the name of whatever they can find to shout for.

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
It seems that the vocal minority in our neighbour, the United States, prefer to get out their guns when the shouting isn't listened to. It might be better for all if they went back to sticks and stones.

Trevor Gale

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I suppose it's their way of thinking: If they don't do what we want, tell 'em. If they hear us talk, shout. If the don't hear the shouts, then shoot. If they don't care about the odd death, then get the machine-guns out. If that doesn't change their minds, well we can always blast a school to pieces. Parts of society have become so sickenly violent and that has resulted in all sorts of 'protection measures' becoming the norm these days. Big difference to when I was a kid, a seat at a bus stop was a nice piece of woodwork as was the shelter if there was one, shop windows were nice glass-fronted displays, front doors were usually open and if they needed to be locked for a time it was a simple key lock. If I saw a real great motor car (e.g. a Bentley) I'd peek through the window to see the dashboard and marvel at the speedometer and the rest of the interior. Now a bus-stop seat isn't there or is made from extra-strong steel bars and buried in concrete, shelters still haven't been made strong enough to defeat the determined vandal, shops have to have laminated smash-proof glass with iron grids behind to deter breakins, front doors are never left open and have steel bar grids added, plus nigh-on all homes have to have full alarms fitted. If you park a real great motor car anywhere in public, you have a good chance of returning to it to find the paint has been 'keyed' down the side or even worse.

What has happened to people, the family, the society? When, exactly?

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Two mass shootings in one week down south of our border. I don't know why anyone would want to live like that.

Trevor Gale

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
No idea here either, and to think that a couple decades ago I might have taken up a position at NASA at the Ames research place.... now very glad I didn't!

tenchy

Rain maker
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Not good that's for sure. I'm glad we're not allowed guns, as I'd have been getting the sniper rifle out this weekend!

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I'm going to be busy honing the bolt for one of my .22s this weekend.

Trevor Gale

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I did know of a colleague engineer who worked at a NASA contractor who would normally go home and pick up his handgun (he had a concealed-carry permit) before going somewhere for the evening out, it was simply the accepted thing to do. I also know from a friend who works for a large oil company that when he visits the U.S. office and at the end of the day goes out with a friend he has there, that said friend first fetches his gun after leaving the office and going out. Neither have ever shot in anger and neither of them could be considered to have a violent nature or even condone wanton violence in any way. Both of them regularly attend a range and both keep their guns locked away and separate from the ammo. I don't think it's the responsible people who carry who are any part of the gun problem, indeed if armed lunatic came into (e.g.) the restaurant they'd probably use their gun to disable (rather than kill) the lunatic if they could do so safely without endangering others. I'd guess likewise if an armed intruder broke into their home and threatened their family. I can't say that I felt in any way uncomfortable going somewhere with a colleague who was armed. Back in the U.K. where I lived decades ago, I did have a licence for a rifle I used to use when going out 'rabbiting' for a couple of local farmers who were quite thankful for my efforts and in between times I also went to a shooting range to 'keep in touch' as it were.

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
We have 8 rifles here which are kept in a gun safe, as per requirements, and ammunition is kept in a separate locked box in a different room. Rifles are fairly common in most rural homes. Pistols, on the other hand are very tightly regulated, and a pain in the derriere to obtain or use. One of the regulations regarding pistols is that one's license has a route assigned between your house and the nearest licensed gun range. If you're caught off that route with your pistol, there are very heavy fines.

richy photo

Here a lot
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Ban Roger, so what's been happening then?

Last edited:

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Ban Richy for being lost and not knowing where we are.

richy photo

Here a lot
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Ban Roger, I like being lost and not knowing where I am. :p

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
OK then, you do realise that this is not the Ban thread, right? :grin: :drinks:

Trevor Gale

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Invite Roger as he's clever enough to point out the errors that others make, so gentlemanly... ;-)

richy photo

Here a lot
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)

Trevor Gale

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Oops is the key word in these situations I find; it covers all sorts of evils!

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I thought the word for the day was "Oh craap".

tenchy

Rain maker
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
That's two words

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)

Trevor Gale

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I'm sure that somewhere amongst all the 'webpages' there's a list of single-word exclamations and profanities; when I was far younger there were "Drat!" and "Heck!" since it wasn't allowed to use "Damn!". I hadn't by then discovered "Shoot!" instead of "Sh1t!" but then I didn't know that latter word yet either! For two words one just added "Oh " in front. Not that I did that normally, even then I was a boy of few words, as everyone here knows I wouldn't like to be thought of as too verbose, even now I try if possible to keep my responses, short as they are, down to as few actual words as is politely and acceptably feasible... ;-)

tenchy

Rain maker
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
We hadn't noticed lol

Trevor Gale

Always on