• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Panasonic FZ82 HDR double images

BaSa

Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Hi, I am a beginner, never used HDR before, but was told is good.
So on an important graduation ceremony I liked to be good and set it on.
It was strange that I have heard double clicking when shooting, but thought is normal with HDR.
Thought it makes 2 images and automatically keeps the better one.
Played back only one, but on the small screen I did not noticed the problem on that image. At home on large TV I became very disappointed.
Images have double contour. See two examples.
I am quite sure now that I have made it wrong, but my question now is what can I do with the images.
Is there any easy and cheap solution to have clear images?
I would appreciate any help.

P1040544 resized50.jpg

P1040623 resized50.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

hooferinsane

EXIF Seeker
Super Moderator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Hi and welcome to the forum. What HDR does is generally take 3 images (sometimes 5) and merges the images together. What has happened here is your subject has moved during the taking of the images, resulting in them not being in the same position when taken, more evident in the second as the girl was looking in a different direction in one of the photos/exposures. Also, if you move the camera slightly during taking HDR, (ie operator unintentional camera movement) you will get this too.

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Hi and welcome to the forum. Brian is correct in his analysis above. The FZ28 takes 3 shots and combines them in camera. It's meant to be used in landscapes and tripod held shots and was not intended for action indoors. However it appears that the FZ28's Intelligent Dynamic is working well.

BaSa

Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Thank you so much to clarify this. So this means no way to correct the images back to single photos.

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Thank you so much to clarify this. So this means no way to correct the images back to single photos.
Unfortunately, that is correct.

Keitht

Always on
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
HDR only works with static images as it, in effect, adds the shadow area of an over exposed image and the highlights from an underexposed one, to a properly exposed one to give more detail than can be obtained from a single image. For that to work effectively there can be no movement between exposures.