• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Full Critique Saltram ducks

SharonH

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I tried to remember everything I was told about the last photo of ducks I posted so hopefully these will be better (apart from cutting off the end of the duck on two of them but I was photographing through a fence lol)
DSC_0011.jpgDSC_0026.jpgDSC_0035.jpgDSC_0238.jpgDSC_0257a.jpg

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
You are certainly improving each and every time you post, Sharon. The little tiny things like cutting off a Duck's tail can happen to the best of us. It's fixable. In fact, you have a very nice tail in the third that could be used to repair the loss in the second.
On the positive side, the sun being on the wrong side of the duck didn't phase you and you've handled the shadows very well. Nicely done.

Snips

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
If (thankfully it's rare) I take a photograph of a whole horse but chop it's hooves off I will never show that photograph. What I do instead is to crop much more of the photograph out so it looks as if I took the photograph like that on purpose. And if that doesn't work then I bin it.

In the second photograph you could just go for the head shot cropping out the feet and some of the body :)

These photographs are so much better cropped and the third one snorkelling is really good in this respect. Well exposed shots too and for me, the last is your best - perfect focusing on the eye. Actually, after another look, the third's probably the best.

David_MC

Always on
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Another thing you can try is getting down lower, that way your not looking down at the animal. Otherwise, these shots are pretty good.

SharonH

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Thank you :)
I will edit and crop some off the pictures :)
I couldn't get any lower this time as there were people everywhere, I would have had to lay down and you can guarantee someone would fall over me lol I got some funny looks just sitting lol