• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Sherlock is on the case

Comments

Really like this and love the idea.
Just my thoughts here - I find it too well lit... with a completely black background with no detail and the source of light being the tilley lamp I'd personally like to see it darker with more contrast.... perhaps it would make it more dramatic? :)

I like this one a lot.
Jim is correct, technically, but I wouldn't go crazy if do go down that route. I like to be able to make out all parts.

Really like this and love the idea.
Just my thoughts here - I find it too well lit... with a completely black background with no detail and the source of light being the tilley lamp I'd personally like to see it darker with more contrast.... perhaps it would make it more dramatic? :)
Thanks for this I may give it a go. I alway worry I edit on the dark side so tried to restrain myself maybe a little too much on this one

Excellent portrait and the various textures are superb.

To me the only worry about dark photographs is when it comes to printing as printers (and the paper) tend to make everything even darker. For the screen though, this is just wonderful.

I did feel as well that the exposure was not as natural as it could have been. After reading a couple of comments I thought Id give it a shot. Keeping in mind that the main illumination is from the lamp.

smoke3 copyweb.jpeg