• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Full Critique Suffering for your hobby.

Phill104

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Just over a week ago I popped out to a local dis-used canal as there has been a Great White Egret visiting the spot, and one that is quite relaxed. That is not common for this bird, a species that is quite uncommon in this country only arriving in the past few years. So, in the bright sunshine I exposed for the highlights then added more exposure comp to go for the black background look. Unfortunately in the process of laying down on the tow path and repeatedly getting up rapidly I ruptured a disc in my lower back. I carried on nevertheless and got some other shots like the mandarin duck and a goldfinch. Stupidly, I had already promised to take a friend to see another rarity the following day, a Red Footed Falcon. I could barely get in and out of the car even with pain killers but went anyway. Why are us blokes such stubborn morons at times. Anyway, here are the results of those two days.

A55A6391-Edit.jpg

A55A6580-Edit.jpg

A55A6523-Edit.jpg

A55A6727-Edit-Edit.jpg

A55A6783-Edit-Edit.jpg

A55A6893-Edit.jpg

David_MC

Always on
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Excellent shots. Sorry to hear about your injury. I’ve been bitten by mosquitoes and flies, gotten covered in ticks, fallen off of many things (still have a scar on my leg from one of those falls). The things we do for this hobby.

Paul Mitchell

Here a lot
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Considering these are out in the wild and not in some conservancy, you have done exceptionally well. Sitting here pain free Id say it was worth it.

RyanB

Eye of the Tiger
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Ouch, never ruptured anything but know back pain well. Still some good results considering. I really like how the Egret came out, the whites were handled very well and the reflection is perfect with all that feather detail.

That poor dragonfly in #4&5 although what a catch by the falcon!

Piquet

Always on
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Very good set, as far as injuries go I seem to have got away lightly SO FAR......;)

Classicbiker

Here a lot
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Looks like the pain was worth it. That first image is lovely as ar ethers but number one stands out

Phill104

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Excellent shots. Sorry to hear about your injury. I’ve been bitten by mosquitoes and flies, gotten covered in ticks, fallen off of many things (still have a scar on my leg from one of those falls). The things we do for this hobby.
Thanks. And yes, getting bitten etc is just something we have to deal with. Still, not popped a man globe as someone I know did. Brings tears to my eye thinking about it.

Considering these are out in the wild and not in some conservancy, you have done exceptionally well. Sitting here pain free Id say it was worth it.
Not really got conservancies around here so all my shots have to be in the wild.

Ouch, never ruptured anything but know back pain well. Still some good results considering. I really like how the Egret came out, the whites were handled very well and the reflection is perfect with all that feather detail.

That poor dragonfly in #4&5 although what a catch by the falcon!
The falcon was catching plenty with ease. We were there at the worst of the light, sun at full power directly above so while the dragons were out in force and she was hunting it was really hard work. Sadly we gad to go about half 3 as my friend had a family event to attend. Wish I could have stayed into the evening as the locals got some stunning images.

Very good set, as far as injuries go I seem to have got away lightly SO FAR......;)
Thank you. I hope you remain injury free. I can cope with most things, am used to getting bruised and battered from windsurfing, cycling and basketball etc over the years. Back pain I am no fan of and would wish it on nobody.

Looks like the pain was worth it. That first image is lovely as are ethers but number one stands out
Thanks. Yes, the first was my fav too. The falcon really had terribly midday light so was not at her best. The other shots were just a bit of fun.

Mike Singh

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Great work Phil but sorry about your back.

Phill104

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Great work Phil but sorry about your back.
Thanks Mike. Back is on the mend. My own stupidity really. I must remember I am not a teenager anymore.

Steven B

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Fantastic set. It's difficult to concentrate when you are hurt but you made the best of a bad situation. I like them all and look forward to seeing more of your work.

Snips

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Lovely set and all very good in their own way.

No pain, no gain as they say :grin: Hope you’re fixed by now.

lesthelens

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Incredible set Phil realy stunning photos keep taking the pills

tenchy

Rain maker
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
good set but we should really look after ourselves more.
(he types after a weekend switching between sitting and his coccyx killing or kneeling to relive that until his feet are tingling, and struggling to get out of the car/chair as knee playing up now)

Phill104

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Fantastic set. It's difficult to concentrate when you are hurt but you made the best of a bad situation. I like them all and look forward to seeing more of your work.
Lovely set and all very good in their own way.

No pain, no gain as they say :grin: Hope you’re fixed by now.
Incredible set Phil realy stunning photos keep taking the pills
good set but we should really look after ourselves more.
(he types after a weekend switching between sitting and his coccyx killing or kneeling to relive that until his feet are tingling, and struggling to get out of the car/chair as knee playing up now)
Thanks all. I do agree Steve. The past year or so I have certainly spent more time on the sofa than befor lockdown. Bit of a wake up that I need to be more mobile/