• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

today's good news! post yours

Kevan

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
The other week I had a fall which wrote off my 24-70 f2.8L (mark I) A quick call last Monday to my insurers and an email later and I picked up a shiny new Mk II on Friday morning. It almost made the bruises worth it :)

hooferinsane

EXIF Seeker
Super Moderator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Well I retired yesterday after 35 years in dentistry, pension was up so taking advantage of that. Seems like work completely took all my time away, what with the one and a half hours travel to work each day. Seems an eternity since I picked up the camera too, so will be able to get back into photography. Fishing tackle also all dusted down and updated where needed, also got a big project planned for the front garden which I will be doing myself. Oh, yes the wife has some rolls of wallpaper and emulsion in the spare bedroom too, but I am entirely not sure what she wants me to do with that though........:exit:;)

rebel06

Taking it easy.
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
@hooferinsane congratulations on your retirement ... If you take to it as fast as I did you will be doing great.
Also retirement helps with maintaining social distance.

Snips

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Enjoy your retirement!

Uncle Bob

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Enjoy your retirement in a few weeks you will wonder how you found the time to go to work.
I'm 71 in April 2021 that might be my time to put my carpentry tools in the shed and leave my works van in the yard after 56 years.

SeanNeedham

Ol' Sparky
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
@hooferinsane enjoy the retirement!

This week, I've decided to go back to school (again) as one night over Christmas, could have been Christmas Eve or the day previous I was clearing bodies out at one of the residential homes here and someone said that there wasn't anyone in the area (so a coverage of nearly 100,000 people) who was certified in mass casualty or communicable disease handling in a post-mortem environment. So with the last six months I've had, it's worth converting the experience to official paperwork.

paulmag

Always on
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Well I retired yesterday after 35 years in dentistry, pension was up so taking advantage of that. Seems like work completely took all my time away, what with the one and a half hours travel to work each day. Seems an eternity since I picked up the camera too, so will be able to get back into photography. Fishing tackle also all dusted down and updated where needed, also got a big project planned for the front garden which I will be doing myself. Oh, yes the wife has some rolls of wallpaper and emulsion in the spare bedroom too, but I am entirely not sure what she wants me to do with that though........:exit:;)
Nice one now you will be to busy ........its a refrain I often hear .."since I retired I never have enough time"

tenchy

Rain maker
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
very jealous of you, nice one.

JRC

Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Good for you. I retired Aug 2020. I had a list of projects as you do and my wife keeps adding to the list! Best 5 months of my life so far even with Covid. Have a great retirement!

imagesBV

Here a lot
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
Congratulations on your retirement!!!
im sure you can make yourself busy enough to avoid DIY...

more good news is the vaccine roll out....can’t wait to get back to some sort of normal.....

SeanNeedham

Ol' Sparky
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
can’t wait to get back to some sort of normal.....
You and me both; whilst the overtime has been crazy this year I'd swap all that in the snap of the fingers to be sat by the sea with a glass of something ice cold.

Mj224

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
My daughters Christmas Present arrived from Amazon. Only a month or so to deliver....

PS Not Amazons fault, just lack of supplies (a label printer?????????????????) That kinda reflects on my daughter...

Pteranadon

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Well! My good news!
First- i have to pass the drug screen...(no problem)
But a promotion!
Nice up to my pay and once through 90 days training- possible another raise!
Position? Assistant Store Director!

RyanB

Eye of the Tiger
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Well! My good news!
First- i have to pass the drug screen...(no problem)
But a promotion!
Nice up to my pay and once through 90 days training- possible another raise!
Position? Assistant Store Director!
Well done Marc!

Pteranadon

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Well done Marc!
Nice one, Marc!
Thanks guys!
Excited and yet nervous. Two years ago i got into Produce after deli and now once again something new!
I may add- the district mgr talked to me about catagory mgr- (a year or so ago) over deli but deli wasn't for me.
And i am not sure coorperate is for me.
Travel..meeting big wigs.. smiling at them...

tenchy

Rain maker
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Excellent, well done!

Pteranadon

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Two weeks in..going well. It's a "90 day training"
In which, i am thankful.
Working my butt off. Worked in a few different departments...but..
Hardest for me- learning the lotto, lottery ring ups, paid outs...so much there and learning the lingo from customers.
Probably the hardest thing in the customer service area....
Appreciate the support guys!

tenchy

Rain maker
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Glad it's going well :)

LYNN GRIFFITHS

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
My good news is, i have had my Cateract surgery done on my right eye, and waiting now for my Left eye. the other good news is, i will be able to get out with my Camera as i have not done for quite a while.