• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

today's good news! post yours

tenchy

Rain maker
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
LOL! NAh...

carlb40

Always on
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
My Mrs has been nagging me about a new carpet in one of our spare bedrooms. Did the deed today. Bought the carpet, cleaned up the room, cut the carpet to size and fitted it. Fits perfect. Quite pleased with myself as I've never fitted a carpet before. The good news is that I may avoid being nagged about something (for a while..)
Well done not the easiest things to fit, and now you have another place to go to avoid the nagging lol

Jason

Always on
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Well done not the easiest things to fit, and now you have another place to go to avoid the nagging lol
lol. The room's actually going to be her office (she works from home) so I'll stay out of there. All it needs now is a lock on the door - on the outside of the door. :roll:

Carmen

Forum Geek :)
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Shall we make this a sticky then?? Here we go!

paulmag

Always on
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)

SeanNeedham

Ol' Sparky
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
May not sound much to you guys, but as of October, the Barcelona integrated transport cards are going to be valid right out to the end of the province, so that means it'd only cost me 6€ return to get in to town.

As I said, may not sound much, but... To take the car, it is 20€ in tolls for a run in, then about 15€ a day parking, not including running costs or insurance on the motor, it takes the same time on the bus as it does driving and then you don't need to buy a separate card to to use the trains, metro and bus services in town. And the bus company are putting three more services on a day to accommodate it.

tenchy

Rain maker
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
cool. Handy if we come back :)

StuartHurst

Always on
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
My good news is that my raised beds are finished (last weekend) and all the things we planted (apart from potatoes) are breaking through (Pea's, carrots, beans, lettuce, cabbage and Radish.

And my tickets to see Howard Jones at the O2 have been confirmed

paulmag

Always on
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I break up today for a weeks holiday :)

SeanNeedham

Ol' Sparky
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
cool. Handy if we come back :)
What do you mean 'if'... Barcelona is like 'Hotel California', you can leave, but you can never really leave. Once you've spent some time here, it is like a drug, and you do eventually end up coming back for more. (Some more so than others! I first came in 1993 on holiday with the family, and I've been living out here 4 years now!)

steve b

Always on
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
My good news is that my raised beds are finished (last weekend) and all the things we planted (apart from potatoes) are breaking through (Pea's, carrots, beans, lettuce, cabbage and Radish.
Ooh! goody! another veg gardener, I could bore for England talking soft fruit and veg (anyone remember Ripping Yarns - the episode about the bloke so boring his mum and dad secretly left home?), good news indeed on your raised beds :)

K

Kenny

can I put some more good news on then.......I'm pleased to say that after feeling like I wanted to quit, I got my mojo back. I went to a studio shoot last night and though my shots may well be *****, the cam came out of the bag properly, never clonked my head with a torch once and bloody enjoyed taking some photos. So much so I want to do it again.....anyone fancy being a model for a Little red riding hood shoot I have now planned???? LOL

paulmag

Always on
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Oh and more

TFIF

Bazza

Old Hand
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
My good news, my son did his first performance at Edinburgh Tattoo last night, was meant to go but as the ex wife was going i pulled out, and my tickets for next thursday arrived this morning to watch him with the new girl.

And my son is having a daughter, so a wee granddaughter on the way woohoo!!!!

SeanNeedham

Ol' Sparky
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
K

Kenny

Well Helloooo the noo to you Baz....long time no hear on here( though we speak on facebook)

its good news firstly for your Toni.You must have been so proud to see him up there at the Tattoo. Bet it was a magic occasion and hope you had the cam and lenses there to take some shots. It was good news you told me about Toni on facebook too and good to see the nightmare may be about to end.

even better news would be to see you posting on the forum more!

Good to see you back matey

steve b

Always on
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
just found out via Facebook that grandson number three has had the braces off his teeth, hope to see him the weekend and take a pic of his shiny straight teeth :)

tenchy

Rain maker
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
My good news, my son did his first performance at Edinburgh Tattoo last night, was meant to go but as the ex wife was going i pulled out, and my tickets for next thursday arrived this morning to watch him with the new girl.

And my son is having a daughter, so a wee granddaughter on the way woohoo!!!!
Cool. Good to hear your good news, and good to see you posting!

paulmag

Always on
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Not much but it lifted me a little.

Driving back from work about 7:55 tonight driving west home and looking at the sky and thinking what a good sunset I wont get and as I'm coming down Glapwell towards the motorway M1 JCT29 I see a row of white lights coming towards me I wondered if it may be the red arrows going back to Lincoln as I thought that just in front of me a V formation flew across the road in front of me and one of them was making smoke a few seconds later the second flight same formation followed them they where low and I could see the pilots.

It fair made me feel good like as if the fly past was for me .

Easy pleased or what :):):)

tenchy

Rain maker
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)

SeanNeedham

Ol' Sparky
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Could be a lot worse things to see over the road in Glappy, Paul!

They used to do a lot of their low level training over towards Worksop, and I spent many an hour sat on the roof of my grandad's dutch barn with the field glasses watching them. Then there used to be the USAF/RAF training flights as well. Who needed to go to an airshow when you'd got that most days.

simonpaul64

Always on
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Two things for Laura and I...

I finished my contract in May wanting a bit of time to relax over the summer and just recently started considering looking for a job in London that would mean less travelling and more "life balance". I really thought that could take a while as I have been an independent contractor (software) for 15 years and haven't had many interviews. However I just landed a job with sounds like brilliant life balance wise (9:30 - 5:30, work one day a week from home), and will be a total doddle to do. Money not bad but more than I need - so that's fine, and since I had earmarked a years expenses I now have a little pot of gold to spend (5dmkII here I come). I start August 31, so I will have had a nice 15 week break - perfect timing.

My wife just got a big promotion at her job in London which she will enjoy and is a great step in her career. With bonuses she'll probably earn more than me so that'll be a bit different.

Now I just have to learn to keep my mouth shut for 8 or 9 years so Laura and I can both retire...

tenchy

Rain maker
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Nice one Simon (and Laura) !!
Yep bite that tongue, think of the retirement. Hard I know all too well, but do-able (most of the time!)

carlb40

Always on
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Ok yet more good news from me
the company i was working for let me go this morning - boohoo (not) lol
Anyway called an agency im registered with and just had to take my passport in. And so i did that and was lucky as a job had just come in, and the agency just called - i start in the morning.
Only a weeks work at mo but its a start and also £4 per hour more than i was getting with the old place :grin: