• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Trout on Ice

Renee Lund

Account Closed
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
It's January 12th with a storm coming in bringing bitter cold winds and a threat of snow. Perfect weather for ice fishing right? Ice fishing can take on a whole new meaning when just getting on the lake is a challenge. No dry land or handrails to steady yourself once you take on the next challenge of making it out to the deep end of the water. Upper Sunshine Reservoir outside of Meeteetse, WY never disappoints. We arrived and our eyes couldn't believe the amazing shapes the frozen water had taken. The frozen surroundings added to the looks and feel of the approaching storm. We only stayed a couple hours with the weather dropping temps to about -15*F but we caught several nice cutthroat trout ranging between 14 to 16 inches. We decided to only keep the 2 nicest that were 16 inches long and they made a great dinner that night. As they say "FISH ON"!

Find me on Instagram: @reneelund_2

Photo #1
Wyoming Ice Fishing 1.jpeg

Photo #2
Wyoming Ice Fishing 2.jpeg

Photo #3
Wyoming Ice Fishing 3.jpeg

Photo #4
Wyoming Ice Fishing 4.jpeg

Photo #5
Wyoming Ice Fishing 5.jpeg

Photo #6
Wyoming Ice Fishing 6.jpeg

Photo #7
Wyoming Ice Fishing 7.jpeg

Photo #8
Wyoming Ice Fishing 8.jpeg

Photo #9
Wyoming Ice Fishing 9.jpeg

Photo #10
Wyoming Ice Fishing 10.jpeg

Alex7200

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Last picture "Well brother, We have a báád dayyy..."

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Thanks for the memories, Renee. I gave up on ice fishing sometime around my 50th birthday because I couldn't stand standing out in the cold like that any more.

BTW, that's a sweet looking pair of Cutties you guys got to eat.

Renee Lund

Account Closed
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
Thanks for the memories, Renee. I gave up on ice fishing sometime around my 50th birthday because I couldn't stand standing out in the cold like that any more.

BTW, that's a sweet looking pair of Cutties you guys got to eat.
We felt our age out there with all the standing instead of sitting. We noticed we had to bundle up with more layers than years before. They tasted great with a bit of garlic and butter.