• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Just Sharing Urban fox

Comments

Fantastic photographs!

Unlike many that one might see, this looks in pretty good nick and no apparent mange.

Fantastic photographs!

Unlike many that one might see, this looks in pretty good nick and no apparent mange.
Yes Ed, we've noticed that this year's foxes have no apparent sign of mange (yet), which is great news. We feed them hedgehog food most nights, so they have help with their diet!

I wasn't also thinking hjs coat looked very good condition. He's obviously clocked you :)
Like most urban foxes Steve, they're very confident around humans. I took these shots from a chair by the house, and spent quite some time eyeballing the fox before he got bored with me.

Yes Ed, we've noticed that this year's foxes have no apparent sign of mange (yet), which is great news. We feed them hedgehog food most nights, so they have help with their diet!

Like most urban foxes Steve, they're very confident around humans. I took these shots from a chair by the house, and spent quite some time eyeballing the fox before he got bored with me.
That's cool. I suppose they are smart enough to learn quickly if you are likely to be a threat.
Do you have hedgehogs too? We have one that lives in the wee house we got and drinks water from the cat bowl we leave out still (no cats now). He (based on size) galavants off for a couple of days or so but usually returns to scoff the food and poop all round the place :)

Do you have hedgehogs too?
We had lots of hedgehogs when we first moved in 30 years ago then after many (10+) years of no hedgehogs, they reappeared in numbers in 2019. We knew this as I regularly put a trail cam in the garden. This year, we've seen only the odd one in spring and then nothing. Possibly because the foxes are getting to the food first of course. Have one or two videos with foxes and hogs at the food at the same time too.

One other interesting thing, when I bought the trail cam a couple of years ago, on the very first night I caught a badger - and never seen it since! A badger, in a north London garden......