• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Full Critique Various insects

lesthelens

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)

Piquet

Always on
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Very nice set of creepy crawlies...

David_MC

Always on
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Excellent series Les. Really like the last one.

lesthelens

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Thanks guys

RyanB

Eye of the Tiger
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Another good set Les, last for me as well strong comp and detail.
The first shot and second has some blown whites/ highlights which may or may not be recoverable. I tend to up the iso and shoot subjects in the shade rather than full sun to avoid strong shadows and blown highlights.

If you feel like it have an experiment with higher ISOs, a fast shutter speed 1/250+ (stationary subject, much faster for moving ones) without a flash and a shaded subject and see what you think. You might need to drop your aperture a bit and lose some dof to do this but you should see a smoother brighter background in your shots. Use your exposure meter to find the sweet spot. I would imagine like my 600D(Rebel T3i) your 700D(Rebel T5i) should shoot up to 800 ISO without picking up too much noise(maybe higher I don't know) and even then that is fixable in post.

lesthelens

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Another good set Les, last for me as well strong comp and detail.
The first shot and second has some blown whites/ highlights which may or may not be recoverable. I tend to up the iso and shoot subjects in the shade rather than full sun to avoid strong shadows and blown highlights.

If you feel like it have an experiment with higher ISOs, a fast shutter speed 1/250+ (stationary subject, much faster for moving ones) without a flash and a shaded subject and see what you think. You might need to drop your aperture a bit and lose some dof to do this but you should see a smoother brighter background in your shots. Use your exposure meter to find the sweet spot. I would imagine like my 600D(Rebel T3i)(Rebel T3i) your 700D(Rebel T5i)(Rebel T5i) should shoot up to 800 ISO without picking up too much noise(maybe higher I don't know) and even then that is fixable in post.
Thanks Ryan some good tips there i will take them on board and try some iso experiments