• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Just Sharing White Tailed Sea Eagle G2-74 (Male)

Compuwight

Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Today was a good day, even if it was overcast and very windy, perseverance and patience have paid off. After 3 weeks I finally got the photograph I was after G2-74 Male White Tailed Sea Eagle.... I had to push the iso way beyond ideal to keep shutter speed @ 1/4000 and tracking was almost impossible even with a weighted down tripod, wind was very bad and I had trouble standing let alone taking pictures !!! I Sea Eagle g2-74.jpgI Sea Eagle g2-74 2.jpg

Mike Singh

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Congratulations on getting the photo! Where were these taken?

Would a shutter speed of 1/2000 not have worked?

Compuwight

Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Congratulations on getting the photo! Where were these taken?

Would a shutter speed of 1/2000 not have worked?
Thanks, taken here on the Isle of Wight where we have a project run by Roy Dennis to re-introduce Sea Eagles to the UK
Please follow this link for more information - Latest news - Roy Dennis Wildlife Foundation

This morning we still had the tail end of last nights storms, I had to weigh down my tripod and keep a strong hold. I was being buffeted as was the Eagle in flight so I went for fastest shutter speed on my kit to get a good focus with minimal blur at the sacrifice of noise with a high ISO. I am thinking that the high winds forced the Eagle to forage wider afield from its normal hunting ground allowing me the opportunity of closer photography.

SC PHOTO

Here a lot
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
Wonderful Captures Steve!

David_MC

Always on
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Wonderful shots!

Mike Singh

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Thanks, taken here on the Isle of Wight where we have a project run by Roy Dennis to re-introduce Sea Eagles to the UK
Please follow this link for more information - Latest news - Roy Dennis Wildlife Foundation

This morning we still had the tail end of last nights storms, I had to weigh down my tripod and keep a strong hold. I was being buffeted as was the Eagle in flight so I went for fastest shutter speed on my kit to get a good focus with minimal blur at the sacrifice of noise with a high ISO. I am thinking that the high winds forced the Eagle to forage wider afield from its normal hunting ground allowing me the opportunity of closer photography.
Thanks! I remember seeing this article on the BBC.

Dotty.c

Founding Member
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
fantastic shots